Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » BLF and paging
  •  
innovativecs

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I have some Grandstream GXP2130 and 2160 phones in a new install. The client's old key system was setup with BLF buttons for each extension that also did a page to the extension. If the light was green the person was not using the phone so they would hit the button and do a two way conversation over the intercom. I can get the BLF to work no problem and I can do a page with two way audio but if I add the page prefix to the BLF button it no longer works. I can do a speed dial button with the page prefix and that works.

In the settings for the Grandstream phone it has an option for auto answer and a field labeled Custom Call-Info for Auto Answer with a description:
Used in addition to match the contents of the info parameter in the Call-Info header for auto answer.

I don't know if that could be used or if it is possible. Thanks for any suggestions!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm afraid you are trying to use BLF for something it was not designed for.

Let me briefly explain how the BLF functionality works on most phones. When you enter an extension number (e.g. 10) as the value parameter for a BLF key, the phone subscribes to Operator to receive status notifications. The BLF button will then display the extension status (busy/available/ringing). Pressing the key triggers some action. Depending on the extension status, the phone will make a different call. If the button is available or busy, the phone dials the configured number (10). If the status is ringing, phones try to pickup the call. Now to do that, Grandstream phones prefix the extension number by a value of the "BLF Call-pickup Prefix", which can be configured at "Accounts->Account1->Sip Settings->Advanced Features". So, if the default call pickup prefix "**" is configured, the phone will dial **10 and will pickup the RINGING call.

It seems to me that you want something else. You want to monitor an extension number, but when the button is pressed, you want to dial a different number. I don't know if the phone has such feature.

Best,
Filip
Previous Topic: efax
Next Topic: Show Name or Description instead of number when dialing internally
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Mar 25 16:26:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01030 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.