Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Phone Provisioning (Phone Provisioning)
  •  
neoof86

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I was wondering how people have got on with phones registering outside of the Kerio operators local network. I have followed the KB article "configuring-nat-821.html"

I have managed to get iPhone and Android softphone registering and somewhat calling fine but for the life of me I can not get a Cisco 7941 to register outside of my network. I have loaded a manual SIP configuration onto this and it appears to register fine when inside my network. I have then set this to my public IP and connected this to another ISP but the phone fails to register. Mad

I know the user account is ok as I have used it on the iPhone. Does the phone need to automatically provision first rather than manually and going to my own tftp server for the config?

Are there any more ports I need to get this working.

I want to show my boss this working so we can ditch our CCM box when we move office. Are polycoms easier to register or is this all down to ports not being open. Sad

•  
neoof86

Sorry for this being in the wrong forum, each time I try to post in the other the system crashes out
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Gareth,

I have now moved this post into the Operator forums for you. In regards to your issue have you checked the option in Operator that the phone is behind NAT? If you go to WebAdmin->Configuration->Extensions->Edit the extension->Advanced and tick the box 'Extension is behind NAT?

Also you will need to make sure that the the ports:

TCP+UDP/5060
TCP/5061

Are open on the firewall/router on the external phones end.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

The Cisco 79XX phones are difficult to work with, especially outside the network. The easiest phones to work with based on my experience (especially for remote provisioning) are the Cisco/Linksys SPA series. Regarding Polycoms, they have a fairly limited web interface, and I find that their default network settings require adjustments when connected remotely.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
neoof86

Hi Vicky & Brian,

I am going to try starting up another server at the weekend to retest all off this.

Vikcy at the time I did have the profile set to NAT as I tested this on a iPhone prior to proceeding but maybe I still missed a port somehow

Brian I will take a look into those handsets, its just a shame as I have quite a few 79XX handsets lying around. Maybe I just have to get them all the VPN in somehow.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

HI,

from my experience the Cisco 79xx series can't work behind a NAT, I'd recommend you to connect the phones over a VPN.

Filip
Previous Topic: Show Name or Description instead of number when dialing internally
Next Topic: Echo problem on external calls
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 22:26:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02215 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.