Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Emergency: information store can't be opened
  •  
vizion

Send a private message to this user
We are running KMS 6.0.1. MAPI clients are Office 2K with SP3 on NT4. 3 out of our 100 users can't log on using the outlook connector. The message is "unable to open default email folders: information store can't be opened".

I'm assuming something got corrupted in the folders. A little help, please !!

Thanks.

Eric
  •  
vizion

Fix;

rename index.fld into index.bad and the system will reindex the messages. Also if migrating from another server, export contacts, tasks, notes from old server, then delete similar folders in the new server. Outlook with the connector should be back up, import back the old contacts, tasks, notes.

Eric
  •  
lebobo

I've the same problem after migration server. One of my users can connect via webmail without problems but he cannot connect via KOC (error : information store can't be opened)

I have reindexed all subfolders of this user but the problem is still here !

I have created a new user and I have copy the directory of my defective user to the directory of my new user : same problem...

Have you an idea to solve my problem ?
  •  
lebobo

The problem was solved ! I have renamed the folder "__keriomapi__STORE" for this user. Kerio has recreated a new directory "__keriomapi__STORE" and all is OK now !

Bye !
  •  
tekfal23

Welcome to my world. I have two users that I have to do that for everyday. Their stuff will get corrupted and I have to delete that MAPI store folder and have them get back into Outlook. So far Kerio has given me no resolution for the problem.
  •  
sigurdno

I also have this problem with one of my users.

I've tried stoping the mailserver and deleted the __keriomapi__STORE folder for this user, but still no change when i try to log in again.
I've also tried reindexing but this didnt work either.

The error suddenly appeared, the account used to work.

Any ideas what to do ?

Im running KMS 6.1 with the latest Outlook Connector with Outlook 2002 SP3 with the latest patches from Microsoft.

Sigurd
Previous Topic: Messages get stuck in message queue
Next Topic: KMS 5.x end of support: Sept 1, 2005
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:02:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.