Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF autoupdate feature
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

I'm currently using 8.3.4 and there's an option "Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)" -> a) install updates automatically b) Don't install updates

... or something since it's in german for me.

Question: When I turn this feature off (don't install KOFF updates automatically) and I update my Kerio Connect to the latest 8.4.1 - will the Outlook Clients with the old KOFF Client still be able to connect to my Kerio server?

My situation: I still have several WinXP Clients where the users don't have administrative rights so they can't autoupdate their KOFF Clients. Everytime I update the whole Kerio server it's kinda PIA to run around and manually install the KOFF clients in a very short time.

My idea: When I turn KOFF autoupdate off - then I install the server update itself - everyone with the KOFF can continue working normally - and I can update the KOFF Clients relaxed in the next time.

Possible with this option? Razz

Thanks & regards!
  •  
Spacey

Any hint advice here?!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No, old Kerio Outlook Connector version 8.3 will not be able to connect to Connect 8.4. Kerio Outlook Connector will be automatically updated to version 8.4.1 right after server upgrade. That option disables only voluntary updates (usually within service releases). Upgrade to 8.4 is mandatory.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Spacey

Thanks!
OK so now while updating from 8.3 to 8.4 I need to instantly update the KOFF but when staying within 8.4 I can use this feature to upgrade the KOFF's step by step...
Previous Topic: Cant upgrade in Linux from 7.4.2 build 7694 to latest version
Next Topic: No Domain Footer in Out of Office Mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 29 13:08:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00864 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.