Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Night mode indication
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
We're using Night mode as part of our auto attendant but I can't find a way of having a visual indication on any of the phones if this is live or not. I know the tone changes when you call to activate/deactivate, but it would be nice to have a light on the phones.

We have Yealink T46G and Yealink T22P handsets.

Thanks
  •  
ksnyder

I've tested it with a Cisco SPA942 phone and got the BLF function to work. My global day/night mode extension is 88. On the SPA phone I configure one of the line buttons to show the status of extension 88 by entering the following:

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=88@$PROXY;ext=88@$PROXY

in the Line Key 2, Extended Function field. When the phone re-booted, my Line 2 button acts as a BLF for the day/night mode. Works like a charm.

You'll need to find the equivalent for Yealink, but it *should* work.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2015 18:56]

Ken Snyder
  •  
ksnyder

Yealink: http://www.yeastar.com/download/SIP_Phones/Yealink_Configura tion_Guides_en.pdf

Page 6

Unfortunately I don't have easy access to a Yealink phone.

Ken Snyder
  •  
ESP Projects

Yep worked for me thanks. Whilst on the topic of BLFs, is there any way to have a BLF light up when an agent is logged into a hunt group?
  •  
ksnyder

Did you try the same approach but using the extension that's associated with the call queue instead of the day/night mode extension? If so, what was the result? Are you looking to see if "an" agent is logged into the queue, or "that specific agent sitting at that physical phone"?

Ken Snyder
  •  
ESP Projects

I tried the "Log in" number as a BLF and that didn't work, I didn't try having the call queue as a BLF but will try that next.

The aim is to have a visual indication on a user's phone that they are logged into a group. The set up is that there is a "Reception" group which multiple people may log into/out of depending on who is at work that day. Only one person will be logged into this group at once.

This has become an issue due to users logging out of the group and then not logging back in to take a call and a BLF on the phone would at least remind them that they are logged in or not. Of course they can just press the log in button again and get the message that they are logged in already, but it would be a nice feature.
  •  
ksnyder

I think you'll want to add this as a feature request then. The solution used to obtain a visual status of the day/night mode will not work for indicating whether an agent is active in a queue extension.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2015 02:08]

Ken Snyder
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I'm sorry, but monitoring the agent's login/out status is currently not possible. We already have a suggestion in our internal bug tracking system. It hasn't been solved mostly due to technical difficulties.

Filip
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

@ ESP Projects, you might want to look at "Orderly stats" http://www.orderlyq.com/statistics.html
It has a lot of options for managing queues. It uses the AMI interface of Kerio Operator.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
ESP Projects

Thanks Brian, We do use this already for our own Kerio Operator but the feature was more for one of our clients really just to have the indication on their actual handset
Previous Topic: Disable Do Not Disturb on Polycom IP phones
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.4.0 Alpha
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 18:32:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01091 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.