Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SIP trunk in peering mode
  •  
LubomirZ

Send a private message to this user
Guys,

is it possible to configure Operator in so-called SIP Trunk Peering Mode ?

We have an external SIP Trunk company that provided us 100 PSTN numbers, but instead of usual SIP registrar authentication (server to connect to, port, username and password) they have created "peering mode" : they requested us to provide our public IP addresses for primary and backup server and when we supplied them, they just said "ok, these 100 public numbers can come from your public IP addresses".

That was a surprise to us - before getting back to them asking to do the classic "username/password" stuff (changing software on our side), I'd like to ask here if any configuration like this is possible on side of Kerio. I tried to briefly search for this in manual, but haven't found anything (I do apologize if I just missed it). I really like the simplicity of Operator at the first look and wouldn't like to use different software.

Their service is described as :

3.1 Registration mode
XXXXX provides the SIP trunk in registration mode if this mode has been ordered by checking the option "Die
vom Kunden angeschlossene TK-Anlage authentifiziert sich mit einer SIP-Registrierung bei der XXXXX..." in
the section "Technische Angaben" of the order form.
In registration mode, the SIP trunk logs into the XXXXX SIP proxy using a login name and password (jointly
referred to as "Account"). Only one registration is required for all telephone numbers of the SIP trunk".

and the peering mode is described as :

3.2 Peering mode
XXXXX provides the SIP trunk in peering mode if this mode has been ordered by checking the option "Die vom
Kunden angeschlossene TK-Anlage ist über die folgende öffentliche IP-Adresse erreichbar, die der XXXXX
zudem als Authentifizierung für den SIP-Trunk dient: ..." in the section "Technische Angaben" of the order form
To establish a SIP link in peering mode, a static SIP trunk is configured between two IP terminal points. In this
case, no login via SIP REGISTER requests takes place.

Big thanks for reply, Lubomir

[Updated on: Wed, 25 February 2015 16:04]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

it should be pretty easy to configure. All you have to do is create a new sip interface, leave the username and password fields blank and uncheck the required to register option. Your network should be configured to forward all traffic on port 5060 from your sip provider to Operator.

Best
Filip
Previous Topic: XML Phonebook
Next Topic: Problems with analogue lines
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 06:30:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00942 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.