Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Disable Do Not Disturb on Polycom IP phones (Disable Do Not Disturb on Polycom IP phones)
  •  
phoenixld

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We would like to disable DND on select extensions and phones. There's a mix of 30 Polycom IP 335, 450 and 650 phones and would like to ensure specific phones or extension always ring. i.e. the user is unable to engage do not distribute.

saw a topic about using Template overrides but it was for SPA phones...

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

try the Polycom support forums or google.

Filip
  •  
phoenixld

Hello,

Know how to disable DND on an individual phone. The issue is how to automate using Kerio operator such that only select phones are disabled.

In the future whenever you see a post from me assume, I've already tried the google. It'll save us both a lot of time...

Larry

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2015 15:53]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

How exactly did you disable the DND button/feature?

If you found an article on how to do it, did it also contain a configuration file directive?

I know how to do it on the VVX series, I am not sure if the SPIP series support something similar.
  •  
phoenixld

Exactly, following config file directive disables the feature.

key.x.y.function.prim to "Null", where x is the platform type and y is the key number

key.IP300.23 = "Null"
key.IP640.9 ="Null"

The question is how would you implement this selectively in Operator. I'm hoping template overrides would do the trick but can't quite puzzle it through. I'd like to avoid creating a unique config file for each phone.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Great!

Template overrides are able to process PHP code. All lines beginning with a '<_at_>' will be evaluated as PHP.

You have several options how to distinguish individual phones.

For example, the variable $MAC holds the phone's mac address, so you can do something like:
@if (normalizeMac("00:11:22:33:44:55") === $MAC) {
key.IP300.23 = "Null"
key.IP640.9 ="Null"
@ }

You can also match phones by their IP addresses, extensions, etc. Please see the provisioning developer documentation.

The Cisco SPA template override may serve as an example, the blf buttons are defined at the top of the override and used later.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2015 14:26]

Previous Topic: Problems with analogue lines
Next Topic: Night mode indication
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 15:43:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00971 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.