Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Use "special" aliases
  •  
jasper

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We're using Kerio for our company and we would like start using "special" aliases for some e-mail addressen. I don't know the technical term for this, but I'll give an explanation.

john.doe+server1@mydomain.com should be an alias for john.doe<_at_>mydomain.com, without adding it via the admin interface.

I know that some servers handle this correctly, but I tried it on our Kerio server and it doesn't work. Is there a way to enable this?
We're still on Kerio 8.0.1, but we're going to upgrade the server soon.

Thanks in advance!
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Jasper,

We have something similar setup but just slightly different. Have you tried setting the alias as:

john.doe+*

Give this a try and see if that gives you the functionality you are after.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
jasper

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I tried adding the alias, but I'm getting a validation error.

Is there another way to setup a filter that makes it effective for every alias/account?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Jasper,

This is the only way I know of doing it and we currently use this for a couple of our users here. The only difference between us is that I am on 8.4 of Connect. Are you not able to upgrade to the latest version?

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
jasper

Hi Vicky,

We have maintenance so there's no problem to upgrade.
I'm going to do the upgrade and try again.

Thank you for the suggestions.
  •  
PPG

jasper wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 14:55
Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I tried adding the alias, but I'm getting a validation error.

Is there another way to setup a filter that makes it effective for every alias/account?

Just to be certain but does the plus sign "+" actually make a part of the alias? Because as far as i know it is not an allowed character in an alias ( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/accounts/creating-aliases-in-kerio-connect-1123.html)

Perhaps you should try something like john.doe*
Previous Topic: password guessing all 5 min
Next Topic: Difference between Apple Profile Manager and Kerio Set up
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 04:49:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03786 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.