Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector + filter rules = no new message notifications
  •  
PKej

Send a private message to this user
Hello, I am new happy user/admin of Kerio Connect. I use Outlook 2013 with Kerio Outlook Offline Connector. I have set up few rules on Kerio server (not Outlook rules). If new message arrives into Outlook Inbox, desktop notification with sound appears as it should. But when new message is filtered by Kerio Connect filter, for example messages from <_at_>mydomain.cz are moved into folder called MYDOMAIN, Outlook 2013 do not show notification, do not play sound and do not change icon. It acts like no new mail is there! Because of this I miss important messages.
Outlook 2013 notifications works with any other IMAP accounts.

Can it be somehow resolved? I can see only workaround by using IMAP instead of Kerio Connector but I do not want lose other advantages.
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Microsoft says:

"If you are using a Microsoft Exchange account or a POP3 e-mail account, a Desktop Alert is displayed only when a new item arrives in your default Inbox. If you want to display a Desktop Alert when an item arrives in any other folder, or when you receive items that meet specific conditions, you must create a rule. You must also create a rule if you want to be notified when you receive a new item in an IMAP e-mail account."

Source -> https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Turn-Desktop-Alerts -on-or-off-a83fe224-3109-4de0-a1ab-c33fd103a422

Now, Outlook Rules and Alerts have limited functionality when used with the Kerio Outlook Connector. Outlook Rules and Alerts do not work automatically on incoming mail, although they can be run manually on a selected folder.
If you want to filter incoming mail, use the filtering rules from the Kerio Connect.

The only way I see it working is by using IMAP instead of Kerio Outlook Connector but you will still need to create the rules.

I hope it clarify things for you.

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Spam score by IP geo-localization ??
Next Topic: Alternative way for KOFF profile rebuild
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 22:30:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.