Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » From Open to Active Directory (while staying with local users and Kerberos Authentication)
  •  
ahu

Send a private message to this user
Hi there!

we'd like to switch from Open Directory to Active Directory. Currently our users in Kerio a local users with Authentication per Kerberos5 to the Open Directory, this works fine.

Now at our test server, I changed to our new Active Directory Server and installed the Active Directory Extension. I also changed the krb5.conf file on the Linux Kerio server, kinit with my user works.
But the login to kerio with my user does not work. At the Active Directory Server I saw that I can activate Kerio mailboxes from there, but then a Directory User is created.
Can I stay somehow with my local users and let them just authenticate with the Active Directory?
Recreating all users and groups and email address would just be too much work and error prone. So I dont want to have this task right now, maybe a while after everything else works fine with the new AD.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Ahu,

Have you tried enabling the 'User Authentication' option in the debug log to get more information as to why the authentication is not working? If you go to the debug log, right click in the right hand window and select 'Messages' you can enable User Authentication and this will debug the Kerberos authentication between Kerio and the AD server. This may help with troubleshooting the issue.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
Previous Topic: Alias to multiple recipient
Next Topic: Migration from Exchange 2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 01:50:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00742 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.