Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 for Mac email deletion
  •  
drefk

Send a private message to this user
When using Outlook for Mac 2011 (v 14.4.Cool, email deletion and read status is not synced with the server. Deleted emails are moved to the Deleted Messages folder on Outlook, but not on the server, and the deletion is not logged in the Operations log. This occurs regardless of the computer used.

When using webmail or an Android or iOS device, deletions and read status sync function as expected, and in fact are synced with Outlook on the computers. For some reason, it appears Outlook is not communicating the changes to Connect. This is unique to Connect because I have an Exchange Server account in Outlook that functions normally.

I've deleted the account in Outlook and re-entered it using the Kerio Connect Account Assistant and rebuilt the Outlook database with no success. I've also restarted Connect.

I'm using Connect 8.4.1 on Mac OS 10.10.2 Server. I have Outlook on 2 computers, and both are behaving as described.

Has anybody else seen this and/or have a solution?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
pforster

I am having the same issue, re-indexing the account via the admin interface does not fix it, and when emptying the cache in Outlook, all the messages show up again. This is happening from my desktop (OSX 10.10.2, KC 8.4.1 and Outlook for MAC 14.4.Cool and macbook (OSX 10.10.1, Outlook 14.4.7). Deleting messages from my iPhone works correctly.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Problem with the moved messages not synchronized to the server is caused by bug in Outlook (messages are copied instead of moved):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-m acoutlook/outlook-for-mac-2011-1445-sent-items-sync-issue/40 67c85a-bb48-455e-bf84-7d0ae4c20081

Unfortunately Outlook 15, which doesn't suffer by this bug, is not supported by Connect yet, it will be supported in some upcoming version.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
pforster

I do not think this is the bug. The bug refers to the Sent items folder, and that actually works fine, whereas this reported problem is withe the Inbox folder (which the bug description says is fine there). Items can be moved from Inbox correctly to another folder and disappear from the Inbox correctly, but when they are deleted they do not get deleted from the Inbox (and rather copied to the Deleted Items).
  •  
pforster

In fact, I just downgraded back to Outlook 14.4.6 from November 2014 and rebuilt the identity, emptied the cache, and the same is still happening. It is not the referenced outlook bug, and this only started happening very recently -- in January and February I did not have this problem. I have a feeling it has more to do with a corrupted Trash (Deleted Items) folder. Not too long ago, I tried to send a very large file, which got stuck in the Outbox and Outlook crashed when I managed to delete it from there. I think the problem started shortly after that.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Deleting item is in fact moving to Deleted Items. Outlook incorrectly copies item instead of moving.
You can enable Outlook logging (see http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=1053) then delete message, synchronize Inbox and search for MoveItem/CreateItem operations.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
pforster

I understand what you are saying about deleting items, but this is NOT the referenced Outlook bug!! First of all, everything was working fine until very recently, and downgrading to a version of Outlook prior to this bug did not change this, either.

However, MOST IMPORTANTLY: I just discovered that this happens ONLY FOR ONE OF THE ACCOUNTS I connect to with Outlook (but they are all on the same kerio server): if I delete from that account's Inbox, the message gets copied to Deleted Items and reappears in the Inbox for that account after clearing the cache. HOWEVER, for any of the other 3 accounts, the delete works correctly and the message truly disappears from the account's Inbox. Just reindexing the faulty account did not fix this -- what else can I do to try to repair this?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Check the logs as described above. Check also server log (debug, error, warnings) for relevant messages.
These 3 accounts that work correctly - are they in the same Outlook? If not, is it the same Outlook version, OS X version?

Pavel Špalek
  •  
drefk

I have to concur with pforster. I have two accounts in Outlook, one is KC, and the other is a MS Exchange server. Everything functions normally with the Exchange server; no problems with deletions or syncing the read status of emails. And, like pforster mentioned, this is a recent development; probably within the last week or two.
  •  
pforster

Yes, all accounts are in the same Outlook, so there is definitely something wrong with the one account.

The admin console's Error log does not contain any errors related to this. The Outlook debug log is huge and somewhat cryptic, and I do not find any messages in there that look like and error relating to this.

It seems to me that something about the Inbox folder is corrupted so that Outlook cannot deal with it or thinks everything is fine. What commands are there to check and possibly fix (besides the admin console's reindexing of user folders)?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

You can try to recreate Outlook profile. Or catch the Outlook log and post it here, I'll check it.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
Marcvb

Sorry to bring up and old topic, but have you managemend to fix the issue?
We are having this problem with send items.
We send an e-mail and then move the e-mail from the send items to a sub folder in the inbox, the e-mail will remain in the send items on the mail server not on the mac. E-mail is also located in the subfolder in the inbox.

If we resync the send items all the e-mail that was moved will be shown again.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

This is Outlook bug. It's fixed in Outlook 2016 since version 15.16, but not yet in Outlook 2011.

Pavel Špalek
Previous Topic: does Kerio Connect 8.1.3 supprot SHA256 certificates ?
Next Topic: Someone Moving our Public Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 02:12:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.