Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Instant Messaging service failed to start
  •  
Larry

Send a private message to this user
I have migrated our Kerio Connect Server 8.4.1 to a new server with Windows 2008 R2.
The back up and restore worked great (so far, it seems well). The new server will not
start XMPP Service. It states that the port 5222 may already be in use. Also the xmpp ping failes. I have tried changing different ports. I have made sure the xmpp server was enabled in the mailcfg file.
I can not telnet to the server on port 5222 or 5223. The firewall is completely turned off.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Larry
  •  
ksnyder

Can you determine if there's something on the server that's already running on those ports. Resource Monitor within System Tools, for example?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Larry

nothing shows running or listening on ports 5222, 5223 or 5269 using netstat -a
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Hi Larry

Have you managed to get it work? The message about "already in use port" is rather a hint than a real cause. Check logs inside 'store/xmpp/logs' folder for details why IM server did not start.

Cheers,
Tomas
  •  
Larry

There is no current info in the log file. the last date is 12/18/2014
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Check mailserver.cfg, table InstantMessaging, variable StorePath. Is the path still valid after migration? Does it point to the place where you've searched for the logs?

•  
alina

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Multi-Server Use Case
Next Topic: license key needed urgent!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 03:17:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.