Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » how to move THOUSANDS mails between imap dirs?
  •  
floc

Send a private message to this user
I need to move thousands mails (about 40000, yes no typo) from Sent folder to others folder, grouping by date
(every 6 month -> 1 folder, for example). I created my folders but I can't move messages manually via webmail, 200 per times is a bit problematic Very Happy MAIL client (thunderbird) hangs around 300 per times, so it's another no-go

There is any command line utilty to do that?

I tried to stop kerio, move mail in filemanager, and then reindex (as suggested elsewhere)... Mail are just there in filemanager but not shown via imap. Also, with this method i cannot merge correctly some exixting folder with new moved mails beacuse of filename, so I need Kerio to do that.

Any suggestion? Thanks

(Please do not discuss the server configuration and automatic archive feature, this server wasn't configured by me Neutral)

[Updated on: Sun, 08 March 2015 14:21]

•  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hello,

When you moved the emails via file manager. did you move them into the #msgs folder which is inside the folder you created?

Let me know.

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
vomsupport

We use a set of perl scripts

http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools/

Makes it easy..
  •  
floc

Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 10 March 2015 04:52
Hello,

When you moved the emails via file manager. did you move them into the #msgs folder which is inside the folder you created?

Let me know.

All the best,

Jonas

First of all
Glad to read that isn't an obvious question, i was worried about missing something *basic* in some menu Smile But second: how is it possible that kerio doesn't have such tool embedded?

On the topic
I'm successfully moving my mail right now. The problem was I manually created the new subfolder with empty index.bad file instead of :
- create empty subdir in webmail
- shut down kerio
- move mail with filemanager
- restart and reindex

Also, another problem was I'm working on archive folder, that doesn't seems to be involved in forced reindex: I found how to reindex public folder but how can I reindex Archive? I;'m currently working on test subfolder an them move to archive, a bit messy.

Anyway, the procedure has another flaw: moving email with filemanager leads to A LOT of duplicate names. This is a windows server so I can friendly use the automatic rename feature but then I have to use a renamer to eradicate the ( ) character BEFORE reindex, otherwise kerio reindex the messagest *but* wont let me move them

Conclusion: solved, for now, bit is a mess Smile Definetely an issue to face with imho

@vomsupport: thanks, but I don't want to use third party tool if possible
  •  
Bud Durland

I'm never afraid to peek "behind the curtain" in Connect, but for this project, I would definitely be looking at the perl scrips previously recommended. Many of them are very smart, and offer filtering by date, size, content, etc.
Previous Topic: Kerio Change Notification Emails
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client - Copy Shared Contacts to my Contacts - How?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 29 13:11:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00985 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.