Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Creating Contacts via API
  •  
fmdataweb

Send a private message to this user
I'm working with the Kerio API for the first time helping our mail server admin with a custom application so we can push Contacts from this application to Kerio so users don't have to enter the contact details more than once. So far I've been able to login/authenticate successfully then use the Domains.get method successfully.

Now I'm trying to work with contacts but I'm not sure what the correct methods are for:

1. get a list of Contacts
2. create a new Contact

I've stumbled around but my syntax is not correct - I really need to see an example of what the JSON request for each of these would look like. I couldn't see an example of these in the API reference.

Can anyone share an example of what these would look like.

many thanks,
Steve
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Steve,

the Domains.get method is a part of the Administration API which is intended for administrators and configuration of Kerio Connect.

To create a contact, I assume you mean the contact saved in user's Contacts folder. If so, this can be easily done with CardDAV protocol. Kerio Connect client (aka. WebMail) uses the same JSON-RPC API as Administration API but it is not officially supported at the moment.

I would recommend to use the free CardDAV protocol instead.

Best regards,

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
Previous Topic: Sample Application: Enhanced My Servers
Next Topic: Test CardDAV connection to demo kerio server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jun 27 16:06:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00347 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.