Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » External Phones not registering accounts
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
I have a phone that is at a users home. The phone is refusing to register their account although it is provisioning.

The phone is a SNOM 710. I think the issue might be that the identity on the phone is picking up the Register and Outbound Proxy address as the local IP address of the operator VM.

So in this case the Operator VM has a local LAN address of 10.0.1.230 and this is wha the phone is picking up instead of the public address/dns recored of the VM.

Soft phones are working with out an issue and internal phones are working with out any issues.

I have NAT enabled in the networking tab.

Any ideas would be gratefully apreciated.
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Your assumption matches what I typically see from phones that are automatically provisioned remotely. Have you considered manual provisioning? It's what I suggest for remote phones because you usually cannot control their DHCP configuration. With a static/manual configuration there is less chance of the phone loosing it's settings due to the local network environment.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
skeates

Yip that did the trick, just needed a push in the rite direction.

I removed the update url from the phone and restarted it. Manually entered then public url into the identity section of the phone and it worked.
Previous Topic: Operator and Grandstream GXW4104
Next Topic: Audo dialer support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 07:20:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.