Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Support for Outlook for iPhone
  •  
LoJack

Send a private message to this user
Setting up Kerio connection on Outlook for iPhone fails.

EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request FindItem: error occurred; code 303, description: No restrictions are supported, auth user: xxx<_at_>xxx.xxx
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

•  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

If you want set up Outlook on iPhone, you must use public IP address of your mailserver, not private IP in local network. It's because Microsoft needs to connect to your server with username&password you sent them...

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
LoJack

I appreciate your privacy concerns. But regardless of that I should be able to connect to Exchange account on Kerio server (we do have ActiveSync enabled).

I've attempted to use both FQDN domain name as well as IP address. But in both cases received notification "error connecting with server".

No problems connecting to same Exchange account at Kerio server with iPhone/Mac mail or Outlook for Mac.

Could be that Accompli (or Outlook for iPhone nowadays) servers are using some "true Exchange server" detection and thus refusing to use Kerio. Regardless of the EAS being enabled.
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

LoJack wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 14:10
I appreciate your privacy concerns. But regardless of that I should be able to connect to Exchange account on Kerio server (we do have ActiveSync enabled).

is enabled support for "unsupported devices"?

Quote:

I've attempted to use both FQDN domain name as well as IP address. But in both cases received notification "error connecting with server".

Is the port 443 on your mailserver available from the Internet?
ie. is https://yourmailserver.tld available outside of your network?

Quote:

No problems connecting to same Exchange account at Kerio server with iPhone/Mac mail or Outlook for Mac.

these clients connect directly to the server, but Outlook for mobile devices connects to some MS instances on Amazon, and they connects back to you with your credentials...
I guess the EWS error log you sent in your first post, is related to Outlook for Mac (EWS), not to Outlook for iOS (EAS)

Quote:

Could be that Accompli (or Outlook for iPhone nowadays) servers are using some "true Exchange server" detection and thus refusing to use Kerio. Regardless of the EAS being enabled.

I tested it few weeks ago and it worked well with Kerio Connect 8.4.1

[Updated on: Wed, 11 March 2015 14:24]

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
LoJack

We figured out the problem.
Turns out we are not using latest Kerio version. The latest one works OK.
Updating to latest version. Will take time though since you guys dropped SUSE support. Well, it's not easy to amongst "less then 2%"... Smile

Sorry for confusion. Thanks for quick replies though Smile Case closed.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 March 2015 14:34]

Previous Topic: Alternative way for KOFF profile rebuild
Next Topic: Alias to multiple recipient
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 13:19:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00991 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.