Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Multi-Server Use Case
  •  
snymo

Send a private message to this user
Can someone explain advantages of multi-server vs single server installation, particularly as it relates to a SaaS model and client scalability and points of failure. If I have to have 5 appliances in the multi-server there is no redundancy in place and a single appliance failure affects all customers, vs. if I have 5 single server installations a single failure affects 20% of my customers. What does a multi-server model get me for its complexity that scaling server installations doesn't get me?
  •  
Bud Durland

Interesting question. I've been thinking about this as well, as it would apply to my company with three sites. The immediate advantage is that I can place each user's mail store on a 'local' server, and thus gain some performance over having e-mail travel the WAN. All users have to connect first to the primary server, so there is a single point of failure. Of course, this is a technology preview, so many things can and are likely to change.
  •  
alina

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Web Client not showing new unread emails
Next Topic: Instant Messaging service failed to start
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 16:47:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.