Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Calls go on hold
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
We are having a problem with incoming calls going on auto-hold.

example: Call is answered and while in the middle of speaking with the caller, caller gets placed on hold. No buttons are pressed, it just happens in the middle of a call. Caller can be picked back up just as if it was placed on hold.

?? Suggestions ??
  •  
ksnyder

Hi Mark. A call to Support might be a good idea for this one. A number of questions come to mind:
- What phones are being used?
- What's the phone firmware version?
- Are these auto-provisioned or manually provisioned?
- Is there a known issue with the phone model/firmware?

If we're able to rule out an issue with the phone, we'd want to start with knowing what version of Operator is running and go from there in an attempt to determine the common denominators at play when the behavior is experienced.

Ken Snyder
  •  
mjackson

Seems to be random, my favorite type of problem.

Kerio Op: 2.3.4 patch 1 build 4046

Auto provisioned Snom 320 - 8.7.3.25

If you have not heard/seen the problem before maybe it is best just to wait. This is the only 320 we have, the rest are 821. The 320 is our switchboard phone, so it gets most (90 percent) of calls.
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Could it be possible that this issue occurs when you are currently on a call, and a new incoming call arrives to the same extension? Can you test this scenario?

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
mjackson

It does not seem to be a problem with over lapping calls. In the last instance there was only one call coming in, the call was answered, conversation started with 2 way voice, then the call went on hold for no reason.

It has happened maybe 10 times since we put the system in and with 2 different phone models. It seems random and pops up about every 2 weeks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the only way how to figure out what exactly happens is to capture the situation in a packet dump. Please enable debug logs: Asterisk, Asterisk(detailed) and start the built-in packet sniffer (on the correct network interface). If you're unable to reproduce the situation in a reasonable time, you might have to limit the packet dump to port 5060 in order to capture less data.

Once you reproduce the issue, please contact our support team and send them the packet dump, export of the debug log and a support info file (link at the bottom of the System Health screen). Also write down the exact time of the issue.

Thank you,
Filip
  •  
mjackson

I think I have a log capture of an example. How can I send you the details and file.
  •  
mjackson

•  
steinham

Try:
fjenicek <at> kerio <dot> com this is Filip address which requests logs above...

Thanks!

•  
mjackson

Sending now, thanks.
  •  
mjackson

Any updates. This happened 3 times today.
  •  
ksnyder

Are there any PBX Services (Extensions and Codes tabs) that are enabled and subsequently triggered by inadvertent DTMF tones? Things that start with *, **, or ## for example?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi mjackson,

please follow these instructions:
1. Enable debug logs: Asterisk, Asterisk(detailed)
2. Start packet sniffer
3. Reproduce the issue (make the call, wait until it happens)
4. Stop the packet sniffer and download the dump
5. Export the debug log (txt format)
6. Generate a support info file by clicking a link on the System Health screen.
7. Send all three files to me <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>. If they are large for an email attachment, upload them somewhere. I can provide you with an FTP account on request.

Best
Filip
  •  
mjackson

Did the last log file I sent in not give any information?

When you say start packet sniffer, is this something built in or are you wanting me to start an external packet sniffer?

Also, it just happened yesterday had multiple calls with this problem. It could be weeks before it pops up again. We cannot reproduce it, it is random.
steinham

Hi!

Packet sniffing is described at the end of KB article:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/troubleshooting-k erio-operator/troubleshooting-call-quality-issues-1387.html

Please look at it.
THX

Martin

Previous Topic: Voipfone.co.uk call routing problem
Next Topic: Ringing Rules - Send Busy Tone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 08:21:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00573 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.