Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Microsoft Outlook 2016 (What will changes imply for Kerio?)
  •  
Benjy

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Microsoft has released Office 2016 IT Pro Developer Preview along with some changes to Outlook:
- MAPI-HTTP protocol. We've replaced the RPC-based sync with a new Internet-friendly MAPI-HTTP protocol that supports Exchange/Outlook connectivity.
- Foreground network calls. We've eliminated the use of foreground network calls to ensure that Outlook stays responsive on unreliable networks.
- Multi-factor authentication. With this release of the Outlook client, we'll support multi-factor authentication through integration with the Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL).
- Email delivery performance. We've reduced the amount of time it takes to download messages, display the message list, and show new email after resuming from hibernation.
- Lean storage footprint. We've added settings that allow users to better manage storage by only retaining 1, 3, 7, 14 or 30 days of mail on the device.
- Search. We've improved the reliability, performance, and usability of Outlook search, and integrated the FAST-based search engine in Exchange.

How will changes to MAPI-HTTP and Search impact Kerio Connect, if at all? Will search become faster? Will we be able to connect to Kerio through Outlook/Exchange without KOFF?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2015 10:22]

•  
935main

Good question. I can't see how to follow this thread, hopefully by replying I'll be get an email when someone answers this excellent question.
  •  
ocmacdude

I see in the release notes for 8.5.2 that support for it is added:
"Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 (Kerio Connect 8.5.2 and newer)"
This thread mentions support outlook 2016 specifically. - http://forums.kerio.com/t/29727//
There are some new features in exchange and office 365 that appear to dove-tail with outlook 2016,
One of them is "clutter". From what i reed that has to be turned on in office 365, but I don't see anywhere how you use it in plain old exchange.
Then there's server side archiving. I guess there's a way to turn that on in exchange, so there's probably a way of making it work with connect.

Hope to hear more on this
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

The Clutter option is not available in Kerio Connect.
There are several archiving options, but they are not available per-user. They can be configured in Web Administration for the whole server.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
TRON2

I've installed Outlook 2016 and chose the automatic configuration CMD. Outlook now doesn't start anymore Sad
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect and Windows 10 client don't seem happy
Next Topic: User Displays as Business Name in "To" field
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 17:55:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.