Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Adding & Removing people from calendar invites
  •  
willoneal

Send a private message to this user
I have a customer who has repeating calendar events that happen every week.

Every week, though, the people invited to the event can change.

In one call, they may invite people who are not normally attendees, and in other weeks, someone on vacation may have a stand in. These additional people would then be removed or not invited to the following weeks call.

The problem is that after adding or removing people, they continue to get invited.

When the customer was using an Exchange server, there was never a problem with this.

On Kerio it's a PITA to figure out how to fix this.

Please help.
  •  
ksnyder

Are these recurring event changed being made from Outlook, Apple Mail, Webmail client, other?

I've tried to replicate your issue in the Webmail client and I don't see any errant invitations to past or future events being sent to attendees who aren't explicitly invited to the event being modified.

Webmail gives you the option to specify if you're modifying just THIS event or ALL events and it appears to work as expected from my limited tests.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 March 2015 00:01]

Ken Snyder
  •  
willoneal

iCal

Maybe I can tell them to modify the events only in webmail? Not sure they like that solution, but.
  •  
Bud Durland

In OutLook (KOFF) and eMClient (CalDAV), when I open a recurring appointment, I am prompted whether I am modifying that occurrence or the entire series. When I modify just one occurrence, it behaves as expected.
  •  
ksnyder

Hi Will. I've just had a few minutes to have a go at this again with iCal on my Mac.

Here's what I did:
1. Created a recurring event (weekly) and added two attendees to the initial invitation
2. Modified the 2nd occurrence of the event to add a third attendee
3. When prompted, I chose to only modify THIS occurrence (not All Future events)
4. After viewing, both occurrence 1 and occurrence 3 were unchanged. Only occurrence 2 had the third attendee listed (as expected). No emails or notifications went to the original attendees.
5. From there, I removed one of the original attendees from occurrence 3 and again, chose to only modify THIS occurrence. It worked as expected. This attendee still had all of the other events on their calendar and only the 3rd occurrence was removed from their calendar. No notifications were sent to anyone other than the affected attendee.
6. All steps (above) taken by the meeting organizer were then verified to be sure they were consistent on the attendee's calendars and everything checked out ok.

Let me know if I've deviated from what you'd do in your testing. Out of curiosity, what is the account type? Can you confirm that it's CalDAV?

Ken Snyder
  •  
willoneal

Yes, iCal is set up as CalDAV.

I have no idea why they are having so much trouble, but the calendar migration from exchange was difficult in itself - on all of the events, every invitee got notices of events even from years past. It was confusing and embarrassing to the customer.

So it's possible, I suppose, that the import of the data from an export of the Exchange data got some corruption in there. That's the only "difference" I can think of.

They are the only customer who complains this is a problem.
  •  
ksnyder

Sounds like we're getting somewhere. The migration appears to be the culprit. I wonder if creating a new recurring event would do the trick (and then removing the legacy events that came over during the Exchange Migration)?

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: file upload planned?
Next Topic: Receiving spam for email group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:51:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.39186 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.