Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Transfer License to new Owner
  •  
svberg

Send a private message to this user
Hello there,

does anybody know, if i can change the license owner, especially the company when the company doesn't exist anymore? Couldn't find any information about that in the world wide web.

Regards,
Sven
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

http://www.kerio.com/license-agreement

In layman's terms: can't use it, sell it, or transfer it to another company. Exception being if the original company is absorbed or purchased by another company.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 March 2015 00:11]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
svberg

Hello Mr. Snyder,

thanks for the fast response.

That's what i'm looking for! Smile Unfortunately i oversaw it every time i read the EULA in case of this information.

Any idea who i should contact for this purpose?

Regards,
Sven
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Sven,

You can call the UK office here and discuss that with the Sales team. You can reach them on +44 01223 202130.

Hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
tfsm

If you are living in the EU, you can sell your license.
The article in Kerios EULA is not valid for the EU as a result of an European Court of Justice rule. (case C-128/11: curia.europa.eu/juris/documents.jsf?num=C-128/11&languag e=en)

The ECJ ruled, barring further recourse for appeal, that the principle of exhaustion applies to every first-time sale of software. Thus, used software trade has been declared fundamentally legal. According to the Court, this also applies to software that has been transmitted online. The ECJ even laid out that the second acquirer of computer programs that have been transmitted online may download the software from the manufacturer: "Moreover, the exhaustion of the distribution right extends to the copy of the program sold as corrected and updated by the copyright holder," according to the ECJ.

I'm not an lawyer, got this answer from our legal dep.
Previous Topic: Yahoo bounces list posts due to SPF
Next Topic: Integration link
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 21:26:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01140 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.