Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [URGENT] 2 Big Issues with Mailing Lists including SPAM Problem
  •  
blacksys

Send a private message to this user
Hello guys,

i have 2 problems with Mailing Lists

1. If an User is signed to multiple Mailing lists and he send mails to it then the user will receive the same Mail multiple times. How can i prevent this?

2. About not thinking what he have done an employee made an text document public where many internal mailing lists included. So now we have a big SPAM Issue. Spamserver send us Mails to the internal Mailing lists. How can i prevent this? Is it possible to prevent it that external Mailservers cannot send to internal mailing lists?

kind regards
  •  
clan

blacksys wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 09:29
1. If an User is signed to multiple Mailing lists and he send mails to it then the user will receive the same Mail multiple times. How can i prevent this?

I don't think you can: mailing lists are independent of each other, so each list is creating their own copy of the message.

Quote:
2. About not thinking what he have done an employee made an text document public where many internal mailing lists included. So now we have a big SPAM Issue. Spamserver send us Mails to the internal Mailing lists. How can i prevent this? Is it possible to prevent it that external Mailservers cannot send to internal mailing lists?

You can set maling lists to only allow posting from list members.
  •  
ksnyder

Regarding your first question: Christian is right, you can't prevent it. However, you might be able to craft a mail filter that can detect when you've done this and simply put the duplicates in a mail folder (trash, sent, or something custom) so that they aren't cluttering the inbox. See the attached screenshot for an example.

Ken Snyder
  •  
blacksys

clan wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 15:46
blacksys wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 09:29

I don't think you can: mailing lists are independent of each other, so each list is creating their own copy of the message.

Quote:

You can set maling lists to only allow posting from list members.

about the SPAM Mailing list issue:

If i check the box that a non Member of the list cannot send Mails its not good because if u have an employee which is not Member of it and want to send to a Mailing List (like one department will send an Info to another departmend) it will not work....

...any other Solution?
  •  
ksnyder

Short of changing the name of all your mailing lists or *punishing* the person who publicly posted the list by making them a moderator for all the lists...I'm joking of course.

How many users and how many mailing lists did this affect? Something could possibly be done on the client side (every member) to build mail filter rules that looked at the FROM and TO headers to determine if it's an outsider posting to one of the lists, and if so - junk it. But I'm pretty sure you'd have to build a separate rule for each list because it will be a logical AND test to capture the likely spammer. Unfortunately, this could require a lot of work.

Otherwise, if you can capture the IP address of the offenders, you could add them to a custom blacklist at the server level. I'd try to handle it this way if possible, but that all depends on how many IP addresses are attacking you and if the majority of junk is coming from predictable repeat offenders.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Text change iPhone 6 to Outlook?
Next Topic: file upload planned?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:33:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.