I cannot/don't want to go down the Distro Upgrade route.
I have a vanilla wheezy install with everything OS related pre-configured.
On both (virtual) hosts /opt resides on a dedicated virtual disk.
- shut down kerio (7.4.1) on old host
- rsync /opt/kerio/ from old to new host
- shutdown old host and acquire original ip on new host
- install kerio 8.4.2 on new host
will this work - or am i missing something?
- IMAP clients will work out of the box after the upgrade.
- (with automatic updates enabled) KOFF clients will update the Connector and rebuild the local cache on first connection to new server.
- IOS-Devices with profile-based configuration will resync on first connection.
correct - or will there be the need for any client-side config adjustments?
- Bud Durland
Make sure to get a copy of the server.cfg and user.cfg files. Put them in place after the install ut before start up on the new machine and (presuming the directory names are the same) your serve should be good to go.
IMAP clients will just work
KOFF automatic updates should be OK, but sometimes the KOFF upgrade hiccups, especially when it's one version to the next.
I can't speak to iOS- ours are all set up as active sync, no profile setups, and always survice an upgrade without any trouble.
[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2015 18:15]
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of