Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Update 7.4.1 to 8.4.2 with migration from Squeeze to Wheezy
  •  
luratech

Send a private message to this user
I cannot/don't want to go down the Distro Upgrade route.

I have a vanilla wheezy install with everything OS related pre-configured.
On both (virtual) hosts /opt resides on a dedicated virtual disk.

The plan:
- shut down kerio (7.4.1) on old host
- rsync /opt/kerio/ from old to new host
- shutdown old host and acquire original ip on new host
- install kerio 8.4.2 on new host

will this work - or am i missing something?

Client-Related Questions:
- IMAP clients will work out of the box after the upgrade.
- (with automatic updates enabled) KOFF clients will update the Connector and rebuild the local cache on first connection to new server.
- IOS-Devices with profile-based configuration will resync on first connection.

correct - or will there be the need for any client-side config adjustments?

tia
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
Make sure to get a copy of the server.cfg and user.cfg files. Put them in place after the install ut before start up on the new machine and (presuming the directory names are the same) your serve should be good to go.

IMAP clients will just work
KOFF automatic updates should be OK, but sometimes the KOFF upgrade hiccups, especially when it's one version to the next.
I can't speak to iOS- ours are all set up as active sync, no profile setups, and always survice an upgrade without any trouble.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2015 18:15]

Previous Topic: New OpenSSL Vulnerabilities
Next Topic: Custom Footer does not work with Digital Signature assigned
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 04:28:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.