Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Monthly Reporting of Users Kerio Cloud (Is there a server side report to automate how many users we host)
  •  
ntstech

Send a private message to this user
As we will be billed by Kerio monthly by users we host on some unknown date each month, I need a auto generated report that matches that bill from Kerio so I can in turn bill my customers accordingly. Does one exist that I am simply not seeing?
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

There's no "report" that you would run. However, Kerio runs a report at the end of the month in order to generate invoices for peak usage to SaaS partners. A few things though:

1. The sales operations manager for your region can send you report (if you need one prior to the monthly invoice)
2. You can see how many active mailboxes (peak usage) you have at any time via the License Details panel on the Admin Dashboard
3. You can get a domain-by-domain breakdown by exporting USERS to a CSV file (subsequently filtering those with an "Account Enabled" status of "Yes").

The total of #3 for each domain should equal the value in #2.

Hope this helps.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
ntstech

Kind of but it seems a bit unfair that you will be billing us for usage but we can;t simply break down what you are billing us for as we will have 6-10 domains and some where around 300 users this month alone. It would kind like you going shopping anyplace and only getting a total bill. Please add this to the immediate need list for development.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

If you have a SaaS license, we do not bill you per domain. We bill you for peak usage (ALL active mailboxes). On the dashboard see the "License Detail" panel. We bill a flat monthly fee per mailbox for SaaS.

active_mailboxes X flat_monthly_fee = your_kerio_invoice

Given that YOU own the customer and, presumably, sell them a specific number of licenses (and set the max number of mailboxes parameter within each domain), is it fair to assume that maintaining your customer records and accounting info is something that falls under the umbrella of your responsibility? We bill you for the total number of active mailboxes across all domains regardless of whether you have 6 customers on the license or 600 customers.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 00:36]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
  •  
ntstech

Then do you have a document of fields, commands and query parameters? When we build this to 200 networks and 1000's of users, the burden you point at us will be to great to achieve. This is just sarcatic, but how about you get one total from your customer list instead of a qty per customer and try and figure out that billing, the same way you told us to do it. Same thing.
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

http://www.kerio.com/learn-community/developer-zone/details# kerioconnect

Kerio does not know what is your business plan. If you have any packages, if the first month is free, what is the invoice date for each domain... You need to watch how the customer used your services and those then invoice.

FYI I have a small hosting company, it provides some licensed services and all suppliers send only total invoices. They do know nothing about my business, of course.

In your case the number of users in domain may vary in time, each domain has own invoice date, probably own tiered price. Users are probably billed by disk usage, number of items, ActiveSync devices...
Administration API is what you need Smile - you can automatically do periodic check and save results for future billing.
http://www.kerio.com/learn-community/developer-zone/details# kerioconnect

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 06:54]

•  
ntstech

I'm not asking for the world here. Kerio has built a system they say is ready for the world called SaaS and want us to use it, add lots of customers and expand. That is what we are doing, and paying Kerio a monthly fee for each user. On our end however, there is no way to do a simple report breaking that bulk of users down by company. So far we have 3 companies migrated (many more to go .. MAYBE). 1 company has 4 users, another with 6, a 3rd with 30 something, total 43. All I want to know is how many users are in each domain. We obviously bill by domain t each company. Right now I don't mind exporting to excel but by this time next month when I have 12 companies migrated, I surely will not want to do this. I just need a simple report that tells me the number of active users for each domain. Like I said before, if you all think this is a trivial need, send to your accounting department all the invoices for customers for the month as one grand total but do not tell them which company to bill and see how they take it.
  •  
ntstech

OH, and that Export to Excel is company by company, so by next month I will have to have someone methodically go through 14 and growing companies, each month, export to Excel to get a simple qty and then bill ...
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You might have a look at our API in the developer zone. http://www.kerio.com/learn-community/developer-zone
It allows you to programmatically obtain information about your Kerio Connect servers, such as the number of users in a domain, or the size of mailboxes etc...

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Previous Topic: Login Problem /setup/mac etc.
Next Topic: KOC with Win 8.1 64bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 21 17:30:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02671 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.