Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best Kerio Connect performances on Windows or Linux ?
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We plan to move our Kerio Connect server (ESX 5.1 linux host) to a new host. Kerio mail store is about 1To, +/- 300 users.

What Kerio does recommend for such configuration ? Moving our host to a windows server (which version to avoid ?) or moving it to a linux server (which version, file system ?).

We wan't to do this because our users are complaining about slowdown on both webmail client and outlook client !

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 10:30]

•  
diaste

I have migrated 3 years ago my kerio from windows to linux.

I had about 100 users, the server was a windows windows server 2003 R2 with 2 cpu and 4gb of ram, resources were always at max and often the server crashed.

The new installation was done on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, with 2 CPU and 3GB of RAM, the maximum cpu committed itself never rose more than 5% and the ram over 25%.

Now I recently reinstalled a new server with ubuntu 14.04 LTS and the same hardware features, my users have increased but the performance of the servers are always very low

Based on my personal experience I can recommend Linux

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 14:46]

•  
ComputerBudda

Very nice test. Was the Linux installed on the 2003 box or was it a newer box with newer/faster/more core processors? Confused
  •  
diaste

My infrastucture (VmWare) was the same. Only upgrade from VmWare 4.5 to VmWare 5.1 but the hardware was the same
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Stephane,

Connect does tend to run smoother on a Linux platform as Linux is normally less CPU/memory hungry as an operating system and is just more efficient. I would recommend going to Linux and either sticking with the Kerio Appliance or going with Ubuntu if you are new Linux. I find that Ubuntu is very user friendly and easy to start off with.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
Previous Topic: Footer in New emails only
Next Topic: adding internal ADMIN user, when a user with that name already exists...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 20:31:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.