Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Global Distribution lists (Doing housekeeping)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
Still planning our migration of one plant from Exchange to Kerio Connect (8.4.0). Today's topic is User Groups vs. Mail Lists vs. Global Distribution Groups.

What we've discovered is that I can log into the Kerio Client as admin and create a distribution list inside Public Folders / Global Addresses. However, if later on I remove the account of one of the members of that distribution list using the administration console, the member's e-mail address is not removed from the distribution list.

Personally, I'd prefer to use a mailing list, but there has been significant push back because the user's can't see who is in that list without contacting IT.

Further (and only partially related), I've discovered that when you create a regular user group in the admin interface, you MUST assign it an e-mail address. Otherwise, the Kerio Connect Client will not be able to find the group name when assigning access rights to public folders and such.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

A distribution list can be made up of recipients from anywhere. So if a member's email address is no longer valid, there's no way for the server to know (it's not a server-maintained list). Someone with edit rights needs to manually remove the invalid recipient.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Bud Durland

Quote:
A distribution list can be made up of recipients from anywhere.

As can a mailing list. Yet the admin console can remove users from a mailing list when their account is removed. I specifically created the distribution list in the "global" address book, where the system automatically puts users, if I tell it to do so. I even found the .eml file that represents that distro list. Though I can see why distro lists in an end user's contact folder would not get updated, it doesn't seem to me like such a stretch to remove a user from something stored in the GAL.
Previous Topic: Help Please!How to configure Kerio Connect user interface?
Next Topic: Http Request in Security Logs
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 18:30:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00803 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.