Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Move Outlook Files to SSD (Speed up Outlook 1000 fold)
  •  
ntstech

Send a private message to this user
The best way in the past to speed up Outlook on any PC is to put the OST or PST on an SSD drive and even with a 20GB mailbox, finding all emails with the letter a takes 3 seconds tops. How do I move the Outlook Kerio files to another drive on the PC? I see reference to some magical registry entry in some posts but no article that says what to where? Also, once done, can we just move the files before starting Outlook and have it take over where it left off or is a reysnc needed? I have 3 machines to do this weekend with 20GB plus mailboxes.
  •  
ntstech

Send a private message to this user
I did find it and this does work. For steps clarity; Close Outlook, Copy or Move the files from the current location C:\users\username\appdata\local\kerio\outlook connector\*.* to a new folder on SSD drive (E:\KerioFata\) in my case.

Add the two regkeys below and restart Outlook. The new location will be live - delete the old stuff to save disk space.

How to point Kerio Outlook Connector Offline (KOFF) database location to use custom path
Open windows registry editor regedit.exe and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)"
Create new registry key REG_SZ (REG_EXPAND_SZ) and add value "Cache Root Path"
Fill requested path to the new created registry key. "E:\KerioData"

How to point Kerio Outlook Connector Offline (KOFF) database location to use roaming profiles
Open windows registry editor regedit.exe and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)"
Create new registry key REG_DWORD with value "Use Roaming Profile"
Set the new registry key to non-zero value (eg. 1).

If both registry values are set, "Cache Root Path" has precedence.
The specified path MUST be :
on local disks. No network drive (eg. UNC path) is allowed.
with read/write/create/delete permissions for the configured user account. It is recommended to set permissions with no access for other users (to keep privacy)
unprotected by UAC (User Access Control). This applies to Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems. The User Access Control (UAC) is Microsoft security technology and its description can be found in following Microsoft article: What is User Account Control?
Previous Topic: Http Request in Security Logs
Next Topic: How known IP sender
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 04:00:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00839 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.