Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Question about License expiration (What happend when license expires?)
  •  
m.casco

Send a private message to this user
Hi To all!
My Name is Luciano and at my company we have bought the Kerio Control Box 1120.
We didn't receive much advice about the licensing and we found that Kerio says 5 users = 25 IP address, what?????
I cannot believe this kind of philosophy, why you are limiting the Connected devices?? In the nowadays we have almost everything connected to the internet, smart tvs, IP Phones, cell phone, printers, etc...
So, that was a really nasty surprise to us.

Now we have the 5 user/25 IPs that comes with the box, we want to add another 5 users/25 IPs to get a total of 10 users/50 Ip addresses (which I still believe that is ridiculous the limit by IP address). Here is the question,
What happens when the license expires?
What will be left running when the license expires?
Can we still use this box or We have bought something that convert us from customer to hostages of Kerio?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 March 2015 01:07]

•  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hello Luciano,

Please read the below web link, it covers all your questions:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/registration-and-l icenses-kerio-control/licenses-and-registrations-in-kerio-co ntrol-1300.html

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I am really surprised that Kerio partner who sold you the box did not provide such information. Could you please send me a private message with details where you bought the box? I can try to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Hi Luciano, to answer your questions about license expiration:
It is still possible to use the product, but you will not be able to upgrade past the last version released when your Software Maintenance was still valid.
Integrated Sophos Antivirus in Kerio Connect and Kerio Control will stop working 60 days after SWM expiration.
Kerio Control Web Filter will stop working.
IPS/IDS engine in Kerio Control will not receive new rule updates.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
m.casco

Thanks to all for the answers.
What i´m trying to understand:

What will happen with the additional licenses? Can I still use them when the license expire?

Thanks Again!
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You still have only one license, you're just expanding it from 5 to 10 users (i.e. 50 devices).

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
ksnyder

As Brian explained earlier, while your Software Maintenance Agreement (SWM) is up-to-date, you're entitled to updates and any extensions that you've purchased for Kerio products. If you choose NOT to renew your annual SWM, the products will still work - you just won't be entitled to any software versions released AFTER the date of your SWM expiration and any paid add-ons/extensions will no-longer work.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 March 2015 21:53]

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: IPSec Vpn Server Problem
Next Topic: Kerio VPN on Windows 10 (build 10049)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon May 01 06:14:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02557 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.