Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook performance issue on huge mailboxes
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Some of my user does have really huge mailboxes : 100 000 items / 26 Gb
They are complaining about terrible slow downs when searching a mail : up to 30 mins for one of them...

I've tried to speed up things by removing unneeded plugins, keeping less mail as possible in the inbox folder but this doesn't really helps.

Those people are using laptop and are often on the road. So the webmail client isn't an viable option. What can I do ?
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Of course it's not a problem with Kerio but with Outlook. If you search the web you will find a lot of people saying Outlook slows down at a great amount of items / really big inbox.

To make it a little faster you can give your people an SSD. It worked for my users (>30GB inbox size).

Also it may work if you upgrade Outlook to it's latest version. I think Microsoft has increased performance in newer versions. So if your users are using Outlook 2007 or older you could probably speed up with a newer version.
  •  
b-tom

Try archiving old emails to local or separate server folder. It's a pain for enduser however this will speed up Outlook and any email client tremendously.
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Yes, Outlook + Kerio KOC doesn't like such big data.
I'm wanting to archive this mailbox using Outlook's archiving feature but my PST remains empty !

FWIW : Microsoft Office 2010 + KErio Connect 8.4.3 Patch 1
  •  
artist99

i would use an email-archive like mailstore for example.

It´s easy too use for the admins and users, and the mailboxes are not very huge.

We´ve mailboxes with a limit of 1 GB, and the old mails you can find in the email-archive.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 April 2015 10:07]

Previous Topic: Share Calendars between multiple domains and servers.
Next Topic: How to know the size of send email for one day?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 20:44:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.