Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disable move to trash (Begone message - you've served your purpose!)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
We use MailArchiva to maintain a searchable archive of messages. We are using Kerio Connect 8.4.0. We've found that the archiver works better if we use IMAP to read messages from an archive mailbox.

The problem is that once the archiver has read the message, it deletes it and expunges the inbox. Somehow the messages end up in the 'Deleted Items' folder. I watched the IMAP debug messages, and didn't see an explicit move command, and in the operations log I see simply 'Delete'. So I have to conclude that Connect is intervening in some way. In the 'Old' web mail client settings, there was a check box for 'permanently delete messages', but that seems to have no effect.

The real problem is that this mailbox sees thousands of messages a day. The 'deleted items' folder fills up, because the clean out agent can't keep up.

Ideally, we would use SMTP journaling, but that doesn't appear to be available in Connect. I though I might make a workaround by creating another domain (archive.local), and setting the 'mailbox not found, forward to IP' setting to the archiver system. Then set my production domain to archive messages to 'Archive<_at_>archive.local'. But I'm not sure of all the implications of that.
  •  
MacLab

Hi Bob,

You can do this in old webmail. Uncheck "Delete messages permanently" in the settings. We have a server that also uses archiving and we do the same thing. I would be nuts to have everything in the trash.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
MacLab

Sorry that should be CHECK Delete permanently....

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
Bud Durland

I did. That didn't seem to have any effect on IMAP delete operations, so I suspect the option is only works with the web client.
Previous Topic: Mac archiving solution???
Next Topic: What does "Reject messages as soon as possible" do?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 18:27:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00885 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.