Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Empty disk after reboot
  •  
Tuxis

Send a private message to this user
I've seen this three times now, on different virtual machines. I rebooted these Operator VM's (on a not-supported platform, but please do read on) and they didn't boot. So I got a rescue disk to what's wrong. And there you go, the disks seem to be empty. No bootloader, no partitiontable. So, that sucked.

HOWEVER: I've been able to fix it.

Using fdisk I could recreate the partitiontable, and then the Operator installer notices that Operator is already installed, and asks if you want to repair the install. I did want to do that, so I selected that option. This does not fix it though. There are two thing Kerio should fix in the repair option:

1: Check if the 'bootable' flag is set on the appropriate partition
2: There is a grub-setup command in the installer, that sets up grub to install on the correct disk. Unless I ran this command manually on the shell on TTY2, grub is not installed. So please run that command if you select the repair option.

Thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

it appears your disk images get corrupted. Which platform is it and what caused the data to get lost?

The installer is not supposed to recreate a partition table nor fix it. It is used to install Operator. As far as I know, grub is installed when creating a new partition table. I understand your points, but I would advise you to focus more on the data loss.

Btw, it might be easier and more reliable to schedule periodic backups and once something like this happens, make a clean install and restore the system from a backup.

Filip
Previous Topic: User can't dial toll free numbers 888 or 800
Next Topic: Which scripts are involved in the initial provisioning of phones
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 27 00:34:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.