Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rules for message routing (Can I do this in Kerio?)
  •  
keriorick

Send a private message to this user
I want to setup rules to automatically route incoming emails to certain folders. I know it's possible in Outlook - is it possible in Kerio Webmail, or anywhere else in Kerio?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Rick,

Yes this is possible in WebMail. Its actually better to do it in WebMail as then your emails are filtered by the server and not relying on an email client being open to perform this action.

If you go to WebMail->Settings->Mail Filters and from there you can add a rule to move certain emails into a folder. This KB article shows you how to setup mail filtering rules:

http://kb.kerio.com/1204

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
keriorick

With a previous version I was able to forward them, or 'filter' them into public folders. But now, the public folders do not seem to show in the list of places that I can forward items to. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Rick,

Can you send a screenshot of how you are trying to do it?

Cheers,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

The user must have write access to the public folders for this to work. In Webmail you can view a list of public folders on the leftmost pane. If they all have an envelope icon with a padlock over them, then you won't be able to use a mail filter rule to steer mail into those folders. Only those that you have appropriate access to will be visible in your "Move to" drop-down in the filtering rules.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
keriorick

[img]./fa/3802/0/[/img]Here's a screenshot of what we're doing with the filters.

I do have access to everything (all public folders).. but, I simply don't seem them in my list

Any ideas?

Also, I just upgraded from a previous version of Kerio.. the previous version,

•  
ksnyder (KERIO)

[img]./fa/3803/0/[/img]

I'd performed the same action and when I hit the drop-down (that says "Inbox" in your screenshot), I see at the bottom of my list - public folders that I have the ability to filter messages to. See attached screenshot.

Rights for the logged in user are set (within the domain) to Folder Administration-->Public Folders

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
keriorick

OK, finally resolved. I had to edit User | Rights to allow public folder administration. I did not realize that this was required in order to transfer files to a public folder!

Thanks, all, for the help!!
Previous Topic: KOFF and Windows Server 2012 R2 terminal server support
Next Topic: mitigating BEAST attack in 8.4.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 04:00:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.