Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating Kerio Connect mailboxes to Google Mail
  •  
aceint

Send a private message to this user
Hello there!

After a little more than five years of using (and most of the time enjoying) Kerio Connect, we are going to move our mail system to Google Mail / Google Apps for Work.

In order to do that, I need to migrate the mailboxes which is a provided function by Google itself. It requires server type, address and login information. And obviously an SSL-certificate, because when I was trying to start the operation, Google told me that there's some kind of problem (that's pretty much it; no more detailed error notification) with the SSL-certificate.

Now, I found this link in the Kerio knowledgebase ( http:// kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configuration/ssl- certificates/configuring-ssl-certificates-in-kerio-connect-1 132.html ) and can tell that we do only use self-signed certificates.

I guess this is the problem - can anyone confirm this?
Is there anyone else who is experienced in migrating Kerio Connect accounts to Google Mail?

Thanks in advance!

BR
Sebastian
  •  
Think Fixed

Self signed certificates on a public facing server are never a good thing. For the purpose of this migration, perhaps you should buy an SSL certificate and save yourself all this trouble. Also, you could try another migration service. I've used Migration Wiz with great success in the past. I'm curious why you are ditching Kerio Connect. If you've been self hosting, and you no longer want to, there are some great Kerio cloud hosting providers who can migrate all of your Kerio data over to a fresh new Kerio Connect server with a proper SSL certificate, and you would still have control over your email instead of handing it all over to Google and their prying eyes.

My company has partnered with a great Kerio cloud hosting provider. I would name them here, but I don't want to get smacked down for endorsing someone on this forum. Just do a search for hosted Kerio email or something similar.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 April 2015 15:39]

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
jbkayak

I am in the same situation today. I tried to migrate with a Selfassigned SSL and failed. I am running Kerio 6.1.2 and I couldnt get it to take the SSL from DigiCert because it was 2048bit.

almost had the work around, pasting them into the sslca folder in kerio but now its corrupt. i can see the file in the directory but not in the admin console. yikes, glad kerio didnt go down.

what was you final solution. I want google apps but might goto kerio cloud for easy migration.

starrealestate.jamesATgmail
  •  
MarkK

Get a free 30-day SSL certificate from one of the SSL vendors and use it for the migration.
  •  
My IT Indy

We just utilized MigrationWiz to move 60+ seats of hosted Exchange to Google Apps and it worked amazingly well. Yes it costs money and can get pricey however the value on it is astronomical. I had an issue with a connection problem and received an email back 30 minutes later from BitTitan.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Send Mail with different FROM adresses
Next Topic: IPv6 and SPF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 23 09:12:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.