Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Stop Services (How do you stop Kerio starting on restart)
  •  
BeeOnLion

Send a private message to this user
Hi All

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a guid to stop Kerio services from starting when I reboot the server.
We have a MAC mini and need to have Kero off for a time. However when we restart the server the kerio services are kicked back into life. Each time to stop it I need to go to System prefrences -> kerio -> Stop services
However this only stops it for the time the server is on then when we reboot its restarted

Is there an easier way to stop this service for a period of time so it wont kick back on after restarts or is the only way to uninstall?

Thanks a million
  •  
MarkK

I am running Windows, but I would image that there is an option to set how the Kerio service starts, like in Windows. Start when server starts, Start manually.

A quick google search says
Launch the Server Admin tool (Applications > Server > Server Admin) and adjust the settings for Kerio Connect.
  •  
BeeOnLion

Hi MarkK
Thanks for getting back to me on this would you mind pointing me in the direction of the google result where you got the below info.
I have gone into Applications -> Server & then server admin but for some reason there is no access to anything kerio there

Thanks a again
  •  
rigo

run msconfig and under Services unckeck Kerio Connect
  •  
Think Fixed

It's a Mac. There is no "msconfig" on Mac.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Think Fixed

It's hard to test this without rebooting the server, so I'm not sure if this will work for you. Instead of stopping Kerio Connect using the preference pane, try this in Terminal:

sudo /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/keriomailserver stop

Also, there is a launch daemon for Kerio Connect located in /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.mailserver.plist. If you run this command, it may prevent Kerio Connect from launching again on boot:

sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.mailserver.plist

The "-w" unloads the launch daemon permanently, which means you'll need to reverse this with:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.mailserver.plist

I haven't tried this myself, but having manipulated launch daemons in the past for various purposes, using launchctl and the -w option has worked for me. A call to Kerio support would also be a good idea.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Think Fixed

Apple's Server App has no control over Kerio Connect, but it can sometimes affect webmail if you are running web services on the server in addition to Kerio's webmail.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 14:10]

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
BeeOnLion

Thanks a million Howie for the feedback ill try the cmds and see what happens
Cheers
  •  
Think Fixed

BeeOnLion wrote on Thu, 09 April 2015 07:40
Thanks a million Howie for the feedback ill try the cmds and see what happens
Cheers

I'm always happy to help. I've managed Kerio Connect on Mac servers for about 8 years. I'm interested in knowing if this worked for you. I'm curious about what you're doing that requires Kerio Connect to not start automatically.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: Kerio Spam protection failing too often - Advice?
Next Topic: Open Directory Extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jun 23 20:57:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00455 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.