Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.5.0 beta (A beta version of next major release)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I would like to introduce a new version of Kerio Connect - 8.5.0. It is still a beta and we still polish some details (eg. localization). Nevertheless, we welcome any feedback from you. Send your comments and bug reports to kms-beta<_at_>kerio.com. Thank you.

Do you wonder what is new in 8.5? Take a look here.

Link: http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-connect/betas

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2015 10:51]

•  
fishtech

Thanks for the info.

I have a question about the Multi-Server functionality... not sure if this is the right place.

The description indicates Multi-Server is "designed for easy scalability".

Does the architecture also provide redundancy in case of a hardware failure?

For example, if an installation has 2 backends configured, and one fails (eg. due to bad power supply), will the users notice the failure? Can the admin fix the failed server and bring it back without users noticing?

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 17:48]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

fishtech wrote on Thu, 09 April 2015 17:48
Thanks for the info.

I have a question about the Multi-Server functionality... not sure if this is the right place.

The description indicates Multi-Server is "designed for easy scalability".

Does the architecture also provide redundancy in case of a hardware failure?

It does what it says - scalability. Eg. add more servers to distribute load.
Hardware failures can be easily managed by underlying virtualisation hypervisor- VMware in this case.
Quote:

For example, if an installation has 2 backends configured, and one fails (eg. due to bad power supply), will the users notice the failure? Can the admin fix the failed server and bring it back without users noticing?
Thanks,
ft.

That's high availability - outage with no impact on users.
In multi-server it affects only users on that particular backend - others should notice no issue.
  •  
scsc_tech

Is the activesync and outlook compatibilty added allow for Outlook 2015 mac ?
  •  
ksnyder

I believe Outlook 2015 for Mac will be similar to Outlook 2011 for Mac in that it will use EWS protocol rather than EAS.

Ken Snyder
  •  
scsc_tech

I have the public beta installed and I pointed it to my connect server. There is zero interaction between the client and server. The server doesnt even log an error.
  •  
ksnyder

If you run a quick search for "outlook 2015" on our forums, you'll find lots of discussion on this topic already. The net take-away is that it's not supported yet. That said, some adventurous souls have reported back that IMAP should be your account-type of choice during setup. Your mileage may vary.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 April 2015 01:19]

Ken Snyder
  •  
scsc_tech

Yea i was familiar with those posts. I just thought this announcement, released today, might be the support we have been looking for.
  •  
user901

and still no IPv6 ...
  •  
zebby

Does the support for ActiveSync 14 fix the battery life issues on Windows 8 phones? (Ticket CLE-302003)
That would be great!
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

zebby: the bug is fixed in 8.5.0, it's not related to new EAS version.
We compared 8.4.x and 8.5.0 with same device and it seems to be better.

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
zebby

Radek Sip (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 08:44
zebby: the bug is fixed in 8.5.0, it's not related to new EAS version.
We compared 8.4.x and 8.5.0 with same device and it seems to be better.

Good news!
  •  
ikheetleon

I need IPv6 support, 40% of my user DNS query's for kerio is an aaaa record!
Also, security features like hsts (Strict Transport Security), forward secrecy, Secure Client-Initiated Renegotiation.

•  
netmax

Hi,

today 8.5.0 RC1 seems to be released, but for hours all download links are resutling in a 404 error - does anyone has the correct download links?

Thanks!
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I apologize for this. Download links will be fixed within few hours.
We announce new builds in this forum once they are ready and available for download.
Previous Topic: Free Busy always busy when no events in calendar!
Next Topic: 'Top of Personal Folders'
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jul 26 18:38:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.