Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AD Extension fails to install (AD extension fails on install for Windows Server 2012)
  •  
scsc_tech

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to install the AD extension on our DC for the first time and it goes through all of the installation prompts and begins to install the files, it then rolls back and says the installation was interrupted.
I have run it as administrator with the same results.

This is a single domain with a single DC, Windows Server 2012.

I just downloaded the extension from the Kerio website so it is the latest 64bit version 8.4.2-4065

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 23:59]

•  
scsc_tech

Yes standard

Event viewer snapshot attached. Not sure what other log the KB article is referring to. There doesnt seem to be any additional log options in the installation.

•  
scsc_tech

hoping not to use up one of my 2 precious support cases on this, anyone have ideas?

[Updated on: Fri, 10 April 2015 21:40]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

scsc_tech wrote on Fri, 10 April 2015 21:15
hoping not to use up one of my 2 precious support cases on this, anyone have ideas?

Yes. Look for the setup log from the installer. It is in the Temp directory of you admin user. Ie. C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\kerio-kade.setup.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

OK. User "tech" you are using is not a full server admin. It is not a member of Schema Admin. This is a common problem in Windows Server 2012 - administrator account created during server installation does not have privileges to modify AD schema.

Solution: Add the user to Schema Admins group.
./fa/3806/0/

Previous Topic: Forward mails to custom gmail
Next Topic: please help!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 23 19:44:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.