Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook for IOS no longer working
  •  
cbdudley

Send a private message to this user
When Outlook for iPhone / iPad was first released a few months ago, I installed & tested it and all seemed to be working fine. Since that time, something has changed and the app no longer connects to our Kerio server. I have Kerio Connect configured to allow unsupported mobile devices. The server has a public IP address and works fine with the standard Mail app on iOS.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and during the configuration process I get the error message "Error connecting with server. Please check your server setting."

We are using:
Kerio Connect 8.4.2
iOS 8.3
Outlook for iOS - latest version (10 April 2015)

There are no messages in the server logs showing that the client tried to connect. Where do we go next with this? Please advise. Thanks.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2878816/microsoft-subnet /outlook-for-ios-android-flagged-for-inherent-security-flaws .html

That said, I've attempted to reproduce in a test environment and have observed the same issue when using an Exchange account type. Using IMAP works fine. I was able to get messages in the Debug log to appear when using an invalid username in the username field on the Outlook app, so the server is receiving *some* connection attempt.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Umatters

two of my colleagues on iPhones have chosen to download Outlook app to use Kerio on mobile.

both of them have typos in their names that appear in my inbox, and both claim they did not enter those names, that they came with the account when installed.

I cannot find these typo'd names anywhere within our Kerio Admin panel, or in their user profiles on Kerio.

Is anyone else having issue with Outlook for iOS and Kerio??
Previous Topic: Doing release upgrade of Ubuntu on server running Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Filtering/blocking external "most" access to mailing lists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:47:33 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10897 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.