Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal delegates (using delegates in iCal)
  •  
ahu

Send a private message to this user
Since Kerio Connect 8.2 the delegations in iCal do not show up anymore, so we stayed at 8.1 and still are at Kerio Connect 8.1
In a support case with Kerio I heard that delegations should work in 8.4, but we updated our Kerio Testserver and the delegations are still empty. Is it true that this should now work with 8.4, does it maybe works differently then before?
I attached two screenshots, so everybody knows what I mean, First one is the Kerio Connect 8.1 iCal
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 15.24.15.png
Second one is the Kerio Connect 8.4 iCal on our test sever
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 15.25.22.png

[Updated on: Mon, 13 April 2015 15:47]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

In versions prior to Kerio Connect 8.2 all shared calendars where showed as "delegated" because there was no support in previous iCal versions for true CalDAV sharing. Kerio Connect 8.2 supports real sharing and delegation as was intended in CalDAV and so does new iCal and Calendars client. Ie. shared folders are displayed as shared, delegated calendars as delegated.
You can find more information here: http://www.kerio.com/blog/when-should-you-delegate-and-when- should-you-share-your-account-kerio-connect

[Updated on: Mon, 13 April 2015 16:04]

•  
ahu

Thanks, thats pretty helpful. But I am still not sure how we will handle this in future.
There are a few people in our company, that would need write acces to ALL calendars and ALL people in our company should have read access to ALL other calendars.
Currently in iCal we can search in the help menu for other calendars, open it and see them. How would this then work with shared calendars instead of delegated?
  •  
j.turley

I wonder, would it be possible for Kerio to build in an option to show delegated calendars as 'read only' so they appear in iCal's delegates list but other users can't modify them?

I understand what delegation should do but the old iCal integration of showing shared calendars as delegates was neat. It also allowed a user to open another users calendar in a separate window.

I've held off upgrading to the latest release of Kerio Connect for this reason.

Jason
  •  
ahu

Is it possible on the server to set for ALL user Calendars, that their Calendars are shared to an Admin group and read-only to all others?
Once it worked when editing user/Calendars/status.fld manually. Can I do something similar with shared calendars?
How can I now get access in iCal to shared calendars or delegated calendars?
Previous Topic: Duplicate contact
Next Topic: Mass Permissions change
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 16:40:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00974 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.