Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » allowing relay for non-static i.p.
  •  
oKay

Send a private message to this user
Hey there!

I've encountered more than just a little trouble trying to get the KMS 5.7.5 installed on our i-net box to accept mails from the Exchange2k-server in our office without making it an open relay.

As we are connected via ISDN the i.p. of our office is variable, so allowing relay for a certain i.p address or address-space is no solution (entering an address-space would allow other people using the same provider to relay via our server, right?). On the other hand making our Exchange capable of authing and collecting all mail from KMS using an smtp-connector is not wanted. As some of us are working at home office frequently, they have to be able fetch their mail from there (which obviously is no problem, as they can simply tell their Outlook to auth with KMS).

At the time being, others using the same provider in fact might use our KMS as a relay, but this is at best a makeshift solution. Any ideas on how to solve this... um... more tightly?
  •  
waltspar

you may wan to look into Dynamic DNS - I know others have used it, and I plan on using it for my cable setup at home.

http://www.dyndns.org/

It is a third party (free) solution to handle users with changing IPs.

•  
jimf

I'll vouch for dyndns.org - we use it at the office and at home. Works great.

Just remember, if you're using the free version you will have to re-register your ip at least once a month to keep your account active. This can easily be done using a scheduled event and should be done often if your isp changes your ip frequently, so that dyndns will continue to forward to a correct address.

One last thing, it is possible that your isp is blocking your incoming standard smtp port 25. In this case dyndns offers a service to forward mail to a non-standard port, but this is a pay service. However, the cost for this service is minimal.

Jim
  •  
oKay

Hi!

Thank you two for sharing your ideas. I'll dig into dynDNS soon. So i might use this thread for questions coming up.

Kay
Previous Topic: Problem receiving emails
Next Topic: HELP Windows won't open up since I installed Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:52:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.