Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [SOLVED] Archiving mails sent via SMTP (not working)
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I've a strange problem:
We're using the archivin to an email address.
But mails sent via SMTP from one of our web forms are not archived.

Screenshot shows archive config.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thx
Silverstar

[Updated on: Tue, 21 April 2015 18:10]

•  
ksnyder

What is the sending domain of the web form? Is it considered to be "local"?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Silverstar

yes, the sending domain is an configured alias of a local domain in kerio connect.
  •  
ksnyder

Well, from your screen-shot it appears that you've chosen NOT to archive local messages.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Silverstar

I'm aware of that.
But as these messages all going to external recipients I thougt they would be covered by the existing settings?

To be clear: The domains are local on KC bot not ending to .local.
  •  
ksnyder

Got it - I (incorrectly) assumed that the web forms were coming to local addresses for some reason. Not exactly sure why I jumped to that conclusion. What about using a local recipient as a BCC in the web form (or the archive email address as the BCC from the web form)?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Silverstar

Smile
Nothing against that solution for this special case.
But: Archiving should be as global as possible and the german law asks that simply every mail from or to an external address is archived.
Therfore it would be gerat to cover all mails sent by smtp with archive without to hack and maintain this in every webform...
  •  
Silverstar

Ken,

any idea on how to achieve a more global solution?

Thx
Silverstar
  •  
ksnyder

Can you verify that the mails generated by the Web form are truly passing through the Kerio Connect server?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Silverstar

Solved it:
By verifying that the mails are passing KC (Mail log) I found that our external archiving solution that empties the archiving mailbox every x hours files them in another place than expected.

Thx for your assistance and sorry for blaming KC doing something wrong Wink
  •  
ksnyder

Glad to hear!

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: No Accepted confirmation after inviting colleague in calendar
Next Topic: Yosemite 10.10.3 Update - Apple Mail - EWS - Send mail over Exchange not possible
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 12:04:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01062 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.