Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to use a Macro in a Rule????
  •  
taiandre

Send a private message to this user
Hi, Before Kerio Connector, I created in Outlook a Rule that saves automatically a file attatchement in an incomming email. This Rule had to contain a Macro, to do such task. Since Kerio Offline Outlook Connector, the Outlook Rule doesn't work anymore. I just read on Kerio's web site that "...there is a custom Kerio dialog for managing rules on incoming email."
OK... Fine... I easilly found the way to use the managment of Rules in Kerio, but no where there is a place to specify to execute a macro. Where is it?
What would be the "turnaround" so incomming email's attachments would be automatically saved?
Thanks
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

In the properties of each folder there is a "Folder Synchronization" tab. There you can choose to synchronize the whole message (I believe this includes attachments).

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
taiandre

Hi, from the answer I got, it seems I might have not explain myself correctly. When an email gets in, and contain a specific file in it, it's NOT the email and it's content that I want to "synchronise" in another folder. What I was doing was to get the attachment (an Excel file) and save it on the physical hard disk, in a specific directory. A simple Outlook macro does that job. With Kerio, I can't find where, in it's rule management, to specify to "run a macro". In Outlook Rules, there's a line we can "Check" that says "execute a macro", and then specify the macro's name. That line doesn't seem to exist in Kerio's rules.
I hope I'm a little clearer with this addition of information.
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2015 20:51]

•  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Kerio Webmail client allows you to build a filter rule that will detect whether an email message has an attachment and then apply a desired rule for that message. There is no built-in functionality to strip the attachment and store it in a location of your choice. That said, I've experimented with a work-around that appears to work (take it or leave it...or use this as inspiration for something that suits you and your security needs):

1. Set up filter rule (in Webmail client) to detect an attachment and set the action to forward to another address (Gmail works with this example) AND keep the message in the inbox
2. Use IFTTT (if this then that) in conjunction with your Gmail address (http://ifttt.com) to create a "recipe"
3. Configure the recipe to identify emails in your Gmail that have an attachment, strip the attachment, create a file on Google Drive to store the attachment (it appears to go into a folder called IFTTT)
4. You can set IFTTT to notify you via text message when the rule is applied if you'd like

Result is that emails you receive that contain attachments are forwarded to your Gmail account (and stay in your Kerio inbox) and the attachments are automatically stripped and put into a Google Drive folder called IFTTT.

Variations:
- Rather than using your personal Gmail, it might be worthwhile to create a new Gmail address just for this purpose.
- You might be able to do the same thing with Dropbox (rather than Google Drive) - try it yourself
- Set the sharing of your Google Drive (and it's IFTTT folder) according to your preferences
- Should still work if the Gmail account is set for your archiving destination email address
- On the server, set the above configured Gmail as the notification address for messages that are detected in the attachment filter (forward original message...)

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2015 22:46]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Conversation Cleanup
Next Topic: Kerio suddenly not working with open directory - Insufficient Access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 20:37:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00867 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.