Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can I remove old attachments without deleting the emails?
  •  
scottsign

Send a private message to this user
I know there is a feature to delete emails that are X days old, but is there a way I can just delete the attachments only, but leave the messages?

Our Kerio server is located on an Apple 10.9.5 sytem right now.

Thanks
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Scott,

Sadly no, Kerio does not have that feature but that would be an awesome one to suggest. Please go to the WebAdmin and on the Dashboard there is a button along the bottom of the screen that says 'Suggest Idea' use that to get this listed.

I am not sure if there is a 3rd party piece of software that can do this but our developers have not implemented this feature.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
fishtech

You may be aware that on Apple's Mail client there is the following option:

Message menu > Remove Attachments

Perhaps you could use this command in conjunction with smart folders (showing mail, say, over 120 days old). But this it would need to be done at the user/client level.

hth,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 April 2015 17:01]

•  
scottsign

Will this delete them off the server or the cached versions on the mac?
  •  
fishtech

Yes, it deletes the attachments from the server. Ot at least it appears to.

Performing the Remove Attachements operation, then logging into webmail shows the message without an attachment in webmail.

The message is appended with "[The attachment xyz.doc has been manually removed] "

ft.
Previous Topic: Open shared calendar
Next Topic: The RPC server is unavailable.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 23 23:34:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01015 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.