Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control Box Hardware Appliance
  •  
LSimpson

Send a private message to this user
Currently I am using the "Software Appliance" and I am considering using the "Kerio Control Box Hardware Appliance". What I would like to know is, for persons who reside outside of the countries the US, Canada, APAC and EU (but resides in Jamaica) can they still purchase this hardware from one of the listed countries and use it?
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Sorry for the delay on this. From what I understand, we are unable to ship to Jamaica. However, we can ship to a US address and if someone can then get the product to you from that point, you'd be in luck.

Alternatively, you can purchase your own (compatible) hardware and perform a bare-metal install of Kerio Control (.ISO file) The underlying software is the same across all implementations: Virtual Appliance, Bare-metal, or Kerio-branded hardware.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
LSimpson

Good Day,

I am trying to set up a site to site VPN connection with another company with whom has a different brand firewall.

In reading your Knowledge Base it states

Before you start

Enable the VPN Services pre-configured rule on both tunnel endpoints

(Could you explain this a bit further and in simpler terms please?) What are the tunnel endpoints and for the VPN Services could you state what these are please.

ID of the remote endpoint (in the most of servers it is called Local ID)

What is the remote end point? Is it the I.P address of the company's VPN I am trying to make the connection with?

You must prepare a list of all routes behind the remote endpoint

Explain a bit more please and give examples.

This configuration is done with the Pre-Shared Key.

The Pre-Shared Key (Is this something that I create like a password and share it with the company I am trying to make the connection with?)

Copy the value of the Local ID field from Kerio Control to the Remote ID of the remote endpoint and vice versa.

(The local ID in which I am seeing (My company's host name)is this the ID name or the I.P address I share with the other company)
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

- Endpoints = IP addresses or hostnames of the two devices you'd like to establish the tunnel
- VPN Services = In Traffic Rules, you have to have rules enabled that will allow VPN traffic
- ID of the remote endpoint = login to the remote endpoint to find out what the ID is. At the bottom of your post you correctly identified the Local ID of Kerio Control. The remote entry within Control will be the the value of the Local ID on your device located in another country (as you put it)
- Prepare a list of routes = see answer to similar question at the bottom of http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/vpn/configuring-ip sec-vpn-tunnel-1288.html
- Pre-shared key = yes...basically a password that will be entered at both endpoints

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
LSimpson

Thank you. If I face any more challenges I will let you know.
Previous Topic: Kerio Control correctly setting
Next Topic: kerio changes revert after api run
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 17:19:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.