Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » XMPP unable to start
  •  
mm00re

Send a private message to this user
I had to rebuild our email server a few months ago and have not needed to worry about the chat feature until now so I need a little assistance in where to look for the issue.

[28/Apr/2015 14:47:28] StdErrChannel.cpp: Instant Messaging [external]: Starting Tigase server failed (IMService.main): com.kerio.im.common.error.ServiceException: Starting Tigase server failed at com.kerio.im.tigase.TigaseServerImpl.tigaseMain(TigaseServer Impl.java:117) at com.kerio.im.tigase.TigaseServerImpl.start(TigaseServerImpl. java:62) at com.kerio.im.tigase.TigaseServerFactory.get(TigaseServerFact ory.java:28) at com.kerio.im.service.task.StartServer.run(StartServer.java:5 1) at com.kerio.im.service.task.StartServer.run(StartServer.java:3 2) at com.kerio.im.service.IMService.run(IMService.java:86) at com.kerio.im.service.IMService.start(IMService.java:82) at com.kerio.im.service.IMService.main(IMService.java:33) Caused by: com.kerio.im.xmpp.api.XmppException: Tigase initialization failed at com.kerio.im.tigase.configuration.ConnectConfigurator.init(C onnectConfigurator.java:120) at com.kerio.im.tigase.TigaseServerImpl.tigaseMain(TigaseServer Impl.java:90) ... 7 more Caused by: com.kerio.im.xmpp.api.XmppExc

os is 10.10.1
my Java version is 8.31
Kerio version 8.4.1
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

If I understand correctly that you have never used the Instant Messaging service before you can just delete 'store/xmpp/database' folder while server is stopped. It should then load without problems.

If it still doesn't load enable Instant Messaging debug log, wait for one attempt to start the service and contact our Technical Support with warning/error/debug logs plus all logs from /store/xmpp/logs folder.

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
mm00re

Actually they did use the chat before the rebuild but are just using the built in apple chat right now until I get this taken care of.
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Folders under 'store/xmpp/database' contains user data e.g. changes made to initial contact list (groups, nicknames), manually added contacts, privacy lists, notes, etc... There is one folder per domain + one internal kerio-connect.private.

So if there is NO risk of loosing above data (in other words users keep and use just the initial contact list) go ahead and follow the advice I gave you earlier.

Otherwise enable Instant Messaging debug log, let proceed one (unsuccessful) attempt to start Instant Messaging service and:

- open 'store/xmpp/logs/im.log.0' and search for lines containing: 'Failed to check database' followed by [a domain name]
- and either recover 'store/xmpp/database/[a domain name]' from backup or just delete it (in both cases server must be stopped)

If you don't feel confident following this steps you can always contact our Technical Support and they will guide you.

Cheers,
Tomas
  •  
mm00re

Removal of the store/xmpp/database seems to have resolved the issue.

I also made sure I was running the latest dev version of Java and everything is running smooth.

Thanks for all your help! Laughing
Previous Topic: Hosted Mail Archiving
Next Topic: Kerio Service Not Starting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 05:58:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02241 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.