Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Corrupt Attachments
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
Im running Kerio 6.1 on OS X Server and am still having serious problems with attachments coming though corrupt. Has anyone else seen this and if so can you suggest anything.

Iv tried disabling Antivirus checking but this doesn't help.
  •  
dwhitfield

Are the messages getting through, but with corrupt attachments, or are the messages getting stuck in the queue? I'm on a Mac OS X server with KMS 6.0.1 and having an ongoing issue where all messages that have attachments are periodically getting stuck in the queue. The only way to get the queue to clear out is to restart mailserver. Support has told me they hope 6.0.2 might fix the issue, but that doesn't seem to be a known bug that's actually addressed in the upgrade. They just hope it might have been fixed incidentally when fixing other bugs.
  •  
jonbrain

The messages are getting though but unfortunately the attachments are a lot of the time corrupted.

If you open an attached JPG sometime only half of it will show, and Word docs and zips will just not open.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2004 17:25]

•  
sirjosi

have you checked if the machines receiving the attachments has any software firewall? Ive seen some issues with zonealarm for windows.

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
jonbrain

The machines have McAffee installed but I have disabled Outlook scanning.

Before the release of Kerio 6.0 I was running an exchange server and never had any problems, so I don't think it is client side.
  •  
Crouze

Hi all,

I'm experiencing similar problems, this week alone two attachments (one Excel file and the other one a JPG) arrived corrupted at multiple recipients. Both were send through the Webmail interface. I'm running 6.0.1 on W2k.

Cheers,
Marco
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

Crouze: please report this bug to support<at>kerio.com and provide corrupted e-mails (as files from KMS store).

(I assume you checked that original files on sender machine were OK:)

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
Crouze

Hi all,

pdousa wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 10:11

Crouze: please report this bug to support<at>kerio.com and provide corrupted e-mails (as files from KMS store).

Bug has been reported, I'll keep the forum informed of any outcome.

Quote:

(I assume you checked that original files on sender machine were OK:)

Well..yes...of course :-D

Cheers,
Marco
  •  
jonbrain

Iv sent Kerio Support some sample .eml files containing the corrupt attachments.

I'l also keep the forum updated.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 15:38]

•  
Crouze

Hi all,

Here's an update:

I've done some further testing. When sending an attachment through webmail from another office site then the attachments corrupts during the transfer from the remote site to the mailserver. When sending from the same site as where the mailserver resides then there is no problem, also not when forwarding a mail with attachment from the remote site (because the attached file is already on the mailserver). Yes I agree it sounds like a firewall or virusscanner problem which corrupts the file during transfer to the mailserver, but it works just fine with KMS 5 !!

Cheers,
Marco
  •  
jonbrain

My mailserver is using a Symantec Firewall, could this be the problem?
Previous Topic: 6.0.1 - Cannot Save views (Outlook Connector)
Next Topic: 6.0.1 - Categories problem with Outlook Connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00604 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.