Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Yahoo bounces list posts due to SPF (Yahoo bounces mail sent to Kerio-supported lists if origin was a Yahoo user)
  •  
jimsky7

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 8.4.2 on Ubuntu. I set up a mailing list that includes some yahoo.com users. Did -not- check "Hide sender's address and replace it with an address of the list." Meaning that when Yahoo users post to this list, the "From:" is their Yahoo address. Yahoo has strict SPF in place, so when they receive these posts they think it's fakemail because we are not allowed to send on behalf of yahoo.com addresses. Rejected with a 554 error. "The server was not able to deliver your email message" ... "554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-
28.html)" Note that the "From:" header definitely contains a yahoo.com address -- I have checked this.

Checking "Hide sender's address..." is no an option for me because then nobody on the list knows where the message originated.

(I am aware of how Yahoo handles this themselves for Yahoo groups, but that doesn't help me, and besides it is not very pretty! How does Kerio solve it?)

How do I fix this while still preserving the sender's address information?
  •  
jimsky7

Send a private message to this user
The way yahoo groups handle(s) this is to put the sender info in the text portion of the From field. For example a message from example(at)yahoo.com to list(at)example.com has a from like this (at sign replaced because this is only an illustration):

From: 'Example (example(at)yahoo.com)' <list_bounce(at)example.com>

Note that the first quoted part is basically a comment, but appears in most emailers as the name of the sender. The actual sending email address is within the brackets. Reply-to is handled accordingly and is the list address, not the yahoo sender's address.

So is there a way to script Kerio Connect to do this to outbound list email messages? I'm not seeing any obvious place to add this on the server.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2015 00:29]

Previous Topic: kmsrestore returning Error Code 12
Next Topic: Transfer License to new Owner
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 18:09:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00813 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.