Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » how to I restrict the IP addresses Kerio delivers from?
  •  
peely

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I added some additional public IP addresses for other purposes to the server we run Kerio Connect on and since then have been receiving mail bounces due to SPF errors.

In the Services panel on Kerio Connect I have always restricted the SMTP server to just one local and one public IP address but evidently this has no effect on the IP addresses the server uses to deliver messages outbound. As a workaround I've had to widen our SPF record to include our entire /24 range which is not ideal.

What can I do to limit the IP addresses Kerio Connect uses to deliver outbound mail?

Cheers,

Neil.
  •  
peely

OK, I now found a "bind domain to specific Ip address" but can I specify multiple addresses in there i.e. one local and one public?
  •  
jiunnyik

you may use multiple ip for spf instead of subnet
  •  
peely

I'm aware I could hack the SPF but would rather the email came from the correct IP address so everything else like the PTR matches the mail server name.

In the end I've changed my default route to prefer the source address of my mail server with:

ip route change default via {gateway} src {mail public ip}

•  
lodewijk

I always do this on the router.
Previous Topic: Kerio with a wildcard ssl certificate
Next Topic: No invite to shared calendar on Yosemite calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 12:35:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.