Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted messages on server but webmail still lists them
  •  
winchcable

Send a private message to this user
I had 76863 messages in a folder that I wanted to get rid of. I didn't want to sit there all day deleting 256 of them at a time so I went to the server and deleted the messages in the folder. Now when I log in and look at the folder, there are no messages to look at but in their place it says:

"Cannot access message 00012c40 in folder ~sitename/Deleted"

That is displayed for every message that was there. What can I do to get rid of that? Any current emails that I get and put in the Deleted folder show up right. I assume there is a file that I can modify or remove and have Kerio rebuild it.

Anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks
  •  
bperkins

Yes, go into the folder location on the server ( store/mail/domainname/username/Deleted Items) and rename the index.fld file to index.bad. The next time that folder is accessed, the folder will be reindexed.

There is a FAQ about it at:

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=100&nav=+%26gt%3B+%3Ca+href%3D%27i ndex.php%3F_a%3Dknowledgebase%26_j%3Dsubcat%26_i%3D1%27%3EKe rio+MailServer%3C%2Fa%3E

hope this helps,
BP
  •  
winchcable

Thank you, that worked.
Previous Topic: KMS 6.0.2
Next Topic: auto-reply
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:28:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.