Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.5.0 (Better security, more functions in Client, EAS 14.1)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 8.5.0 - May 19, 2015

A new major version of Kerio Connect. See the Release Notes for a list of new features available in this version.

Link: http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-connect

[Updated on: Wed, 24 June 2015 16:29]

•  
jhtinc

Has the bug in Outlook 365-generated TNEF attachment decoding (YHW-990914) been addressed?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes. Kerio Connect is able to decode even latest versions of TNEF Microsoft's proprietary message format, which is strangely being delivered also to non-Microsoft recipients.
  •  
sfpete

Mac OS X 10.6.8 is still listed as a supported server operating system for Connect 8.5.

Is that correct?

(For months we've been warned that it would not be supported in KC8.5)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes it is correct. We've decided to provide few more months to our customers for upgrading their systems. Although this is quite a risk for us to guarantee functionality on such old system with no support from Apple, we believe that Connect 8.5.x versions can still support it. Next major version will most likely support only OS X 10.8 and higher.
  •  
perennialdesign

Our Executive assistant loves the traditional 7-day weekly view from the "Old Webmail". Is this layout going to be restored in a future release of KC? Has there been much discussion regarding this?

•  
philstone

Will this support Outlook 2015/(16) for mac?

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:56]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

philstone wrote on Tue, 19 May 2015 21:56
Will this support Outlook 2015/(16) for mac?

Thanks

Microsoft Outlook for Mac 15 will be supported in future service releases.
  •  
ksnyder

perennialdesign wrote on Tue, 19 May 2015 12:21
Our Executive assistant loves the traditional 7-day weekly view from the "Old Webmail". Is this layout going to be restored in a future release of KC? Has there been much discussion regarding this?

"Agenda" view is pretty close. Have you/your Executive Assitant given it a try?

[img]./fa/3849/0/[/img]

Ken Snyder
  •  
perennialdesign

We will. Thank you.
  •  
PetrsonX

Hi,

we also prefer older week view. Agenda is not much close. Best on old view is that you see a week at once and there is enough of space for each row. Please see a pictures.

What I like on old view:
1. You see everything what happens every day (in 99%)
2. There is nothing I do not like

What I do not like on new view:
1. Columns are too narrow and some entrances just do not fit in column.
2. Too much white space.
3. You must scroll to see the whole day.
4. There is nothing better for me to compare with old view.

I can not understand how can you be more productive with new view. Maybe I miss something?

•  
Grabsteinschubser

Quote:
When upgrading to Kerio Connect 8.5, users must re-create their mobile device accounts to benefit from the Exchange ActiveSync 14.1.

Seems that iOS and Windows Phone devices switch automatically to 14.1. Only Android devices need to be reconfigured. Is this correct? Or is it yet still necessary to re-configure iOS/Windows devices?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

On iOS is sometimes useful to disable synchronization (in account setting turn off Mail, Calendar, Contact etc.) and re-enable it again. No need to create a new account.
  •  
chrwei

right after installing 8.5 I'm getting in the error log "ASyncAirSyncHelpers.cpp: Unable to parse request from mobile device. Unable to get folder ID for class: N/A" for several iphone and android users. also my own device just "spins" and nothing is logged.
Vink

Tech specs mentions for mobile device support: "Apple iPad/iPad2/New iPad/iPad4 with iOS 6 to 8.3". I think that's not completely correct as iPad (first version) cannot be upgraded beyond IOS 5.1.1 (and 8.5.0 doesn't work with IOS 5.1.1).

[Updated on: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:16]

Previous Topic: Hacking local account to relay messages (how to stop?)
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client - SOLVED
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 18:56:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00946 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.