Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Inconsistent inbound connections (Many calls keep getting a busy signal)
  •  
corrco

Send a private message to this user
Running Kerio 2.3.5 patch 1 build 4309 on an HP 8000 series box

Configuration is behind a router/firewall using one NIC to connect to main switch.

Registration seems good with provider Switchvox

Call routing is set to auto-attendant ext. Greeting offers 2 extensions, both of which appear working.

Half the time callers are getting a busy signal, or a long pause and then nothing. The other half they are connecting and able to talk or leave VM.

Have been trying to resolve this now for several days. Every time it seems to be working well it doesn't last for long. If I route directly to an extension other than the auto attendant it seems to be working correctly.

Your input and ideas would be appreciated.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it could be many things. Please capture the following information and send it to me.

1. Enable debug logs: Asterisk, Asterisk(detailed)
2. Start packet sniffer (on the public network interface)
3. Reproduce the issue. You need to capture the situation which you think should not be happening.
4. Stop the packet sniffer
5. Generate a support info file (link at the bottom of the System Health screen)
6. Export the debug log
7. Send all three files( dump, log, supportInfo) to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com.

Best
Filip
  •  
corrco

AS Filip suggested from the packet trace, the codec priority did not match the provider. Changing the order seems to be working well!
  •  
corrco

Short-lived reprieve from this issue. It's now back to ringing busy about 50% of the time a call is placed.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Have you tried adjusting the timeouts in the advanced options -> SIP configuration? You might try lowering them by a significant margin. Perhaps there is a timeout by the registration server or the firewall.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

What is the hostname of the server you are registering to?

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
corrco

Hi Brian,

I have not yet tried adjusting the timeout. Ken suggested I try different DNS settings. We tried Google's, then my ISP's. No dice. Ken then said to try using the IP instead of Hostname of my provider. Now it seems to be working quite well. I will get some more callers to try and see if it holds up.
  •  
corrco

Still tweaking away. Thanks to all for support and suggestions. Lowering all 3 SIP timeouts to 30 sec has really improved reliability. Some callers are still experiencing random connection failures, but not nearly the 40-50% experienced earlier. Awaiting results from more call testers.
  •  
corrco

Sorry, forgot to reply here. vancouver.voip.ms

Currently using the IP address.
Previous Topic: VC400A FXO Card Compatiblity
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.4.0 Beta 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jan 20 10:50:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01288 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.